All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
As an Associate Principal in FRM (Financial Risk Management), you will support Renaissance Risk: Intra-day, Default management, Pricing & Margins. This person is responsible for discovering, synthesizing, and analyzing information from different FRM teams-Market Risk, Credit Risk, Stress Testing etc, including tools, processes & procedures, documentation, and stakeholders and support Product Owners in building requirements for different Risk Applications. The ideal candidate is a proven change agent with demonstrated ability to solve complex problems through logical, digestible solutions that deliver key value to our stakeholders. Additionally, this individual must be comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization as well as inside and outside the organization. Skills that are foundational to the success of this role include, but are not limited to, communication, analytical, problem solving, process modelling, facilitation, elicitation, scope management, leadership and agile mindset.
- Act as a partner to both the business and the technology teams.
- Collaborate with different FRM teams to collect requirements for various Risk Applications
- Identify scope gaps and missing requirements by acquiring an in depth understanding of current state (i.e., legacy system) and future state of various Risk Applications
- Identify various risk teams inter-dependencies and support integration across Risk Platform.
- Prepare for and lead requirement workshop discussions with vendor, stakeholders and product owners.
- Lead requirement review sessions with product owners and stakeholders to verify the completeness and adequacy of requirements and use cases; assist in the development of acceptance criteria.
- Support or develop test plans and test cases; participate in test results verification.
- Assist in developing strategies for knowledge transfer and maintenance of risk systems.
- Participate in the final UAT following product deployment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Previous work experience of 3 or more years, building and working with pricing and risk systems preferable
- Basic to intermediate understanding of the financial services industry, including pricing, margins, collateral, financial, market, liquidity, and operational risks of broker-dealers, futures commission merchants, commercial banks, pension funds, and financial market utilities
- Financial products knowledge is a plus: basic to intermediate understanding of markets and financial derivatives in equities, interest rate, and commodity products.
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and software development.
- Preferred business experience in clearinghouse activities.
- Flexibility working with remote teams in alternate time zones and flexibility to work outside standard working hours (i.e., 6:30-7 am CT).
- Self-motivated and self-starting; working with little supervision and picking up new and unfamiliar concepts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, including experience using lookups and pivot tables.
- Knowledge and/or vested interest in event driven applications, streaming and batch analytics technologies.
- Knowledge and/or vested interest in cloud technologies; experience working with AWS a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/MS is a plus.
Certificates or Licenses:
- CCBA, CBAP, and/or AAC certification is a plus.
- Series 3 or 7 or equivalent education is a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer