This role will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex cloud-based computing environment. In addition, you will provide technical guidance to the team and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison between internal departments. This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, high availability, disaster recovery, administration, and automation of the enterprise environment with cloud technologies. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to continued growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business. The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies to accomplish complex project initiatives and implement mission critical systems, while keeping current with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure spaces for areas to improve, with a steady eye towards the extensive regulatory/compliance demands on our company (e.g. CIS, NIST, etc).
- Reports to the Executive Director of Platform Automation and Cloud Engineering
- Design, configure, implement and manage a fully automated workflow for provisioning and maintaining a complex, highly available cloud environment using infrastructure as code
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures for deploying services to the cloud
- Manage DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems
- Lead and participate in cloud computing environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support, including but not limited to, patches, fixes, end-of-life preparation, and upgrades
- Ensure the reliability of the services your area of responsibility provide and manage to both specific and implied SLAs to help the organization achieve both internal and external quality standard excellence for the cloud platform
- Assess and plan for capacity needs within the cloud platform and forecast accordingly
- Implement and manage initiatives within your assigned area of responsibility with accountability for results and compliance with all controls and security requirements
- Lead in the development of technology roadmaps and end-of-life technology plans
- Effectively communicate project and operational service issues to senior management promptly with observations, decisions, and recommendations for corrective measures
- Manage and participate in the implementation of production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Maintain appropriate work/personal balance within your team
- Serve as a point of escalation within the team for support issues
- Implement and manage rotational support schedules for afterhours and weekend work for area of responsibility
- Foster an atmosphere of trust, respect, and high performance while displaying strong ethics and integrity
- Manage project and daily work task planning and prioritization and meeting project deadlines while also maintaining a high quality of work
- Institutes corrective actions to address audit and other regulatory or compliance findings
- Operate within budget; Establish and assure adherence to schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant systems, procedures and processes
- Other duties as assigned
Shift & Location
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams distributed across the US
- [Required] Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as: servers, operating systems, networks, and storage
- [Required] Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24/7 availability
- [Required] Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
- [Required] Demonstrates history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- [Required] Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS, Azure, etc.
- [Required] AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired
- [Preferred] Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- [Required] 5+ years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of cloud systems / virtualized servers
- [Preferred] Experience working in a financial services or highly regulated environment preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer