Responsible for the development and execution of day-to-day communications efforts that drive greater awareness and understanding of OCC’s transformation, with a primary focus on the company’s technology modernization project. Working under the direction of the Executive Director of Corporate Communications, and in conjunction with various internal leaders, this role must effectively implement communications activities and work collaboratively with colleagues in a wide variety of roles across the company, including business functions and leadership teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced communications professional with solid executional skills, a strong writer able to deliver tailored messaging, and a proactive problem solver. This professional is committed to quality and detail. S/he is creative, analytical, works well with leadership and thrives in a deadline and change-driven environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director of Corporate Communications to develop and execute proactive corporate projects around the company’s transformation, including the Renaissance Initiative.
- Refine and implement communication strategies; collaborate with leaders, teams or individuals to adapt strategies and timelines, inform deliverables and reporting as Renaissance progresses.
- Understands goals of communications and works in partnership with Renaissance and Communications leadership to develop communications strategy; adheres to generally accepted principles of project management.
- Plan, develop, and deliver high-quality deliverables for internal audiences as well as targeted external audiences. Uses appropriate media (intranet, corporate announcements, discussion guides and talking points, Web site updates, etc.) to reflect company messaging, business strategy, employee and customer needs, and progress on the transformation.
- Measure effectiveness of communication activities and use feedback to improve future efforts.
- Adhere to corporate and department policies and procedures and brand/ communications standards.
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities, staying current with communications and change management best practices as well as leading-edge concepts and technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience working on corporate change projects; an emphasis on technology implementation is preferred but not required.
- Extensive planning, writing, editing and content production experience across all dimensions of corporate communications for a broad variety of channels.
- Strong writing and editing skills using different styles to best reflect stakeholder, audience, and message; ability to explain complex or technical concepts in an easily understandable format.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills that address strategic planning and tactical execution with the ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills that demonstrate clear and concise communication and critical thinking with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage and execute multiple programs and tasks with accuracy and efficiency under tight deadlines.
- Highly collaborative with colleagues; serve as a champion for internal and external stakeholders/customers through creative ideation, communications solutions and implementation to meet business objectives.
- Deep understanding of communication and engagement trends, emerging practices, and an ability to promote innovative ideas and solutions in change communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or English, OR in a related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and private/public sector experience.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a communications or public relations role in the public or private sector, or with an agency.
- Fintech industry experience preferred.
- Previous change management experience a plus.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer