As a Senior Associate, you will be a contributor in developing scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based data solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; collaborate with developers, architects and product owners to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. You will be part of the Data team, a diverse group of dedicated engineers who are very passionate about data. As the Data team member, you will be responsible for crafting and building large cloud-based data systems that will serve as the backbone for the enterprise data management and analytics capabilities. You will join the core team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of solutions for data requirements. You will work closely with business and technology partners, internal and external. We will define data architecture, technology stack and its tactical implementation. You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats, implement continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, automate everything we can get our hands on, and be part of the API-first design principle implementation. You will have a challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge and experience, acquire new skills and grow with us.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of technical experience building data-centric solutions
• 2+ years of experience designing conceptual, logical, and physical models using enterprise data modeling tools (ERwin, ERstudio, PowerDesigner) and proficiency with metadata repository maintenance
• Experience in and working knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling techniques and design principles
• 3+ years of experience working with relational (Postgres, SQL Server, DB2) technologies
• Thorough working knowledge of SQL
• Experience working with Cloud ecosystems such as AWS
• 3+ years of experience working as a member of an Agile development team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency using ER Studio for data modeling.
• Experience implementing solutions using Hive, Parquet, and Presto on Amazon EMR.
• Scripting experience using shell, Python, etc.
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline
• Familiarity with database automation tools such as Liquisase, Datical, and Flyway
• Familiarity with designing RESTful API services
• Understanding of data integration technologies and tools such as SSIS, Pentaho, Talend or IBM DataStage.
• Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, or Qlik.
• Financial markets work experience, knowledge of trade and settlement lifecycle.
• Understanding of data governance and master data management processes.
Certificates or Licenses:
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate/Professional Level is a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer