Responsible for improving the overall end user experience through automation and design. This position will be responsible for developing and improving the end user desktop environment.
The role will provide support for the existing and future end user computing architectures. Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services, and enhance security posture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packages application deployments for end user environment using VMware AppStacks
- Preserves end user profile settings with VMware UEM\DEM
- Troubleshoot application installation, performance, and runtime issues within the desktop and mobile environments
- Maintain Operating System base builds to include feature updates, software updates, and/or vulnerability remediation
- Meet with Business, IT and Security Leaders to develop requirements and communicate changes to the environment
- Challenge the status quo with new ideas and drive innovation for the end user experience
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Automate processes in the end user experience space
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software
- Troubleshoots production problems related to desktop and mobile software applications
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Remove barriers and obstacles from end user technology to enable the business
- Provide tactical and strategic input on the overall End User experience
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
- Document changes, policies and procedures and drawings
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to fellow team members
- Project manage/lead multiple projects of various sizes and schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Project manage and lead multiple projects of various sizes and schedules
- Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
- Excellent typing skills
- Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
- Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
- Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
- Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
- Minimum of 7 years supporting Windows desktop operating system environments
- Minimum of 5 years of experience deploying applications across the enterprise desktops using modern tools
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a scripting language
- Minimum of 5 years of experience packaging software for deployments
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows profile management
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with VMware UEM\DEM
- Experience with delivering VDI environment leveraging VMware Horizon and instant clone desktops
- Desktop Application Troubleshooting
- Experience operating in a DevOps culture
- Passion to identify, investigate, and drive new technology within the organization
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a desktop engineering or end user experience role
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer