The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer:
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
This role is accountable for leading the Agile transformation across the enterprise through sustained coaching models and various learning approaches. The ideal candidate would have hands-on coaching experience in Agile frameworks. This person should have practical experience in an Agile role at either the program or team levels with demonstrated ability to adopt Agile principles, mindset, practices and methodologies.
Candidate will be responsible for defining standards and best practices of Agile at OCC. Teach, mentor, and advise teams, product owners, business stakeholders on agile practices and design strategies for delivery teams to improve and mature their use of Agile principles and practices. Establish a supportive and secure environment for teams to become self-organizing and high-performing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and influence cultural change by championing an agile mindset and ensure the organization is at the forefront of industry best practices
• Utilize in-depth knowledge of the agile frameworks along with industry and technology experiences to assess maturity and recommend, establish and ensure consistency in agile practices across the organization
• Continuously improve the team's delivery process through improvements in tools, practices, procedures, and organizational change
• Establish a governance framework that ensures controls and best practices are followed by the delivery teams
• Coach and partner with various stakeholders such as Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and IT leads on their Agile transformation journey
• Cultivate a continuous learning environment delivering education and workshops for the enablement of effective product ownership and Agile delivery with the ability to scale
• Coordinate and encourage participation from all delivery team members in agile ceremonies (including, but not limited to: stand-ups, planning, reviews, retrospectives, and refinement)
• Guide teams to help them stay on track with agile techniques, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure the overall strategy is being met
• Guide team toward self-organization, encouraging and motivating team to focus on iteration goals and deliver value quickly
• Serve as a mentor to product teams with an aim to make Agile techniques successful, resilient and permanent; identify and remove impediments to Agile adoption
• Build an environment of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
• Deliver key metrics to stakeholders to demonstrate continuous improvement and ensure alignment in coaching and agile practices
• Facilitate regular assessments of teams to guide them in their progress and drive toward continued Agile maturity & improvements
• Demonstrate continuous improvement across the program in predictability and delivery as adoption of agile practices increases
• Provide thought leadership by participating in Communities of Practice, Lunch & Lunch forums, Agile Day activities, and other workshops as needed
• Stay abreast of new Agile best practices, tools and techniques, methods, strategies; expose teams towards latest innovative ideas from the Agile community
• Clear, concise, and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including listening and persuasion
• Strong coaching, facilitating, mentoring and teaching skills
• Highly flexible, dynamic, and consultative work approach
• Expertise in Agile Methodologies
• Experience implementing enterprise-wide delivery processes and controls
• 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master using methods such as XP, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban
• Experience in Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
• Can showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different environments
• Experience using Jira, Confluence, and/or other lifecycle management tools
• Solid understanding of organizational change management; experience with ADKAR or other formal change management methodology is a plus
• Knowledge of Agile Engineering practices including Enterprise Architecture, DevOps (CI-CD, Test Driven Development, etc.) is a plus
• Scrum Master or Agile Coach certification is a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer