Provide subject matter expertise for implementation and ongoing support of Middleware integration technologies in production and non-production environments.
Work under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. Provide senior level technical expertise to Middleware staff. Manage day to day activities when called upon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Install, configure and maintain 3rd party software components classified as middleware on multiple operating system platforms.
- Use subject matter expertise with products to advise on design and assist with development of applications using these tools.
- Configure production, development and testing environments and ensure the availability of these application services
- Write complex automation scripts using common automation tools, such as Jenkins and Ansible
- Provide performance tuning of components and services
- Design disaster recovery solutions for middleware technologies to comply with business continuity objectives
- Resolve configuration related problems
- Resolve complex support issues in both production and non-production environments.
- Assist production support and development staff in debugging middleware application defects.
- Create procedural and troubleshooting documentation related to middleware products
- Participate in or lead moderately or high complex projects.
- Properly secure middleware technologies
- Advise on industry best practices as it relates to new product selection.
- Manage day to day activities of the middleware staff when called upon to do so.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work with management to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate strong confidence in abilities and knowledge.
- Ability to work well in crisis situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility to be on call from 5 PM to 7 AM for 3 months per year.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Expert understanding of:
- Systems administration and change management practices
- J2EE application services
- Message-oriented middleware
- Internet / Web based technologies
- ITLT Best Practices
- Scripting and coding
- Network technologies
- CI/CD tools
- Cloud native applications
- Technologies used to support microservices
- File transfer protocols including SFTP
- Encryption technologies (SSL/TLS, PKI Infrastructure management)
- Security controls as applied to software technologies.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience with
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
- Minimum 3 supporting middleware technologies
Certificates or Licenses:
Cloud certification a plus.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer