Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
The Associate Principal, Transactional Paralegal will contribute to contract management initiatives in a collaborative team-based environment to achieve OCC goals; identify best practices for contract management and implement standards and controls set by transactional counsel and contract management staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Maintain, collaborate, and improve the company’s contract management program.
- Maintain, collaborate, and improve the company’s intellectual property program.
- Maintain policies and procedures by tracking key dates, communicating with stakeholders, and monitoring publication and training process.
- Assist transactional counsel in managing Related Party Transactions and Material Agreements programs.
- Assist with maturing recordkeeping practices to permit efficient access to active contract records for the transactional counsel and business stakeholders.
- Assist with mature recordkeeping practices to refine company’s intellectual property inventory.
- Pull contracts and other relevant documentation for internal and external business representatives.
- Identify process improvements leveraging technology where needed for company-wide contract program.
- Act as business analyst for ongoing Service Now projects.
- Create record clean-up plan and standards. Supervise temporary resource in implementing project.
- Act as backup to contract management staff on the following tasks:
- Initial response and review of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Supervise contractual tasks and act as a backup to legal admin who performs the following tasks:
- Assign contracts
- Index and archive executed contracts (upload into Service Now, complete contractor profile)
- Maintain legal tracker for all contract assignments and executed agreements
- Review trademark watch service notices.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- A minimum of five years of contract management experience.
- Knowledge of contracting concepts and contract law and regulation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Process driven with strong analytical acumen.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer