Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do:
This position is responsible for managing the Incident Management, Problem Management, and Quality Standards processes, process maturity and compliance, root cause analysis and problem remediation, ensuring the implementation of permanent fixes in the production environment with the purpose of improving the availability of OCC’s critical systems and prevention of issue reoccurrence. The primary responsibilities of this position include increasing service availability and improving customer convenience and satisfaction by reducing the number of operational problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Owns the Incident Management, Problem Management, and Quality Standards processes, prioritizing issues and SLAs with business stakeholders while ensuring process maturity and process compliance
• Manages the lifecycle of all Production Problems with the primary goal of reducing IT-related business risk throughout the problem’s lifecycle, including input from Change Management, Configuration management, Help Desk, and Production Operations.
• Provides recommendations for improvements to prevent production Incidents and/or prevent re-occurrences of existing Problems
• Proactively identifies Problems through the correlation of Incidents, error logs and other problem identification resources.
• Oversees the day-to-day activities within the Problem Management process, documenting impact to OCC’s Quality Standards, while ensuring maturity and process compliance with the Incident Management process
• Facilitates Problem Management meetings to determine action items towards preventing problem recurrence
• Produces reports to communicate the progress in resolving problems and to monitor the continuing impact of problems not solved.
• Produces management information, including KPIs and reports for Incident, Problem, and Quality Standards on a monthly basis or ad hoc
• Designs enhancements/improvements for the maturity of the Incident and Problem Management tool and process and translates them into business requirements for the ServiceNow development team
• Reviews historical issues to identify trends and opportunities for improvements
• Reviews OCC’s Quality Standards on an annual basis to ensure our external performance metrics are maintained
• Assists in audit requests and regulatory reporting as it relates to the Incident, Problem, and Quality Standards processes
• The individual will provide leadership to various IT and Business teams to guide them in their efforts during the Problem Management phases of the service management lifecycle, leveraging best practices according to the ITIL and COBIT frameworks. The individual will also own the maturity and compliance of the Incident Management process assisting Help Desk and Production Operations. The individual will provide leadership to IT, Business, Compliance, Legal, and Enterprise Risk to ensure Quality Standards are developed and maintained.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• 7+ years relevant experience with Incident, Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience both within a process area and IT Service Management tools e.g. ServiceNow
• Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement
• Thorough understanding of ITIL processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM Stages, including but not limited to: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration/Asset Management, and Release Management
• Ability to perform IT-related problem detection and analysis of root cause
• Experience creating and maintaining reports and dashboards
• Be customer focused and goal oriented with keen attention to detail
• ServiceNow or equivalent ITSM tools
• ITIL, COBIT5
• Technical Root Cause Analysis
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Education and/or Experience:
• BS/BA in a related field, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science
Certificates or Licenses:
• ITIL Certified (Foundation+)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer