All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are:
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer:
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do:
The Associate Principal is experienced with the Agile Methodology process, working with stakeholders outlining the test execution plan for the effort, preparing test data and the test environment, test execution and test result reporting to project stakeholders.
This individual will be involved in the technical side of OCC systems and will also need to understand how the system supports the business in order to effectively support and troubleshoot testing efforts. In a lesser role this individual may analyze outputs, working with the business user and/or developer to identify data anomalies and their causes.
In addition, the Associate Principal will be responsible for managing the environment maintenance, ensuring the systems are at the right code and software levels for each testing effort.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Support front-end testing as needed.
• Participate in end-to-end testing on newly designed or modified applications/systems.
• Writes clear and precise reports as required for software defects and/or functional defects identified during testing. Coordinates with design/technical staff as needed to facilitate timely resolution.
• Understands environment requirements and is able to implement maintenance activities including upgrading, analyzing impacts to active test environments and coordinating the implementation of those changes, ensuring the systems are at the right code and software levels for each testing effort.
• Assists Production Support by testing time sensitive defects and providing advice on system functionality.
• Work with business stakeholders and Application Services to scope testing efforts prior to execution, identifying applicable inputs, outputs and needed system processing. Drives creation of detailed test execution plan.
• Complete various projects and initiatives as assigned by Management.
• Assist (as needed) with departmental and new employee training.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• General securities markets, derivatives and options knowledge preferred.
• Broad based knowledge of the Agile methodology, analytical business modeling, change control management and environment management.
• Requires experience developing functional test cases / scenarios using structured test methods.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral, analytical abilities, sound judgment and time management skills, and the ability to work effectively with developers, users and multiple levels of management. Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work independently on projects; project planning, multi-tasking, workload management.
• Highly motivated self-starter with creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong skills or experience in manual testing environment and experience with both front/back end testing.
• Client/Server experience (i.e. Java, JSP, Servlet, C++, HTML, LINUX and SQL).
• Mainframe experience (Z/OS, TSO/ISPF).
• Database experience (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
• Agile Methodology.
• Scheduling package experience (i.e. UC4).
• Familiarity with real-time (MQ) and FIXML a plus
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 5 or more years QA experience testing in a structured quality environment preferred.
• Background in securities – options/futures; familiarity with trading and clearing systems.
• Experience in software development lifecycle process, agile methodology, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer