Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
The Associate Principal, Production Support will be responsible for system and application monitoring, support, configuration, capacity management and development and delivery of business features in the front and back end applications, integrating with a variety of upstream data-sources and presenting data through the user interface, all while enriching and advancing the platform. This software must achieve a blend of reliability, data-rich presentation, performance, user experience, and the capacity to support the busiest trading days in the world economy with rock-solid reliability. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve these objectives. This individual will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in an agile environment
OCC is seeking an individual who would be responsible for discovering, synthesizing, and analyzing information from a variety of internal and external sources, including tools, processes, documentation, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a proven change agent that demonstrates the ability to solve complex problems through logical, digestible solutions that deliver key value to our stakeholders. Additionally, this individual must be comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization as well as inside and outside the organization. Skills that are foundational to the success of this role include, but are not limited to, communication, analytical, problem solving, process modelling, facilitation, elicitation, scope management, leadership and agile mindset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Monitoring and support of Production systems, including applications, capacity, security, servers, middleware, databases, etc.
- Contributes to support, analysis, design, technical direction and architecture including collaborating with various teams to build fit for purpose solutions
- Collaborates closely with Production Support teammates and mentors junior team members
- Participates in release reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
- Optimize application performance through analysis, code refactoring, and system tuning
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing high quality
- Must be a willing self-starter, independent and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A team player who assists the team as required to achieve collective goals & delivery milestones including knowledge-share
- Embraces and advocates for Agile best practices for software development discipline
- participates in creation and review of both business and technical user stories, providing constructive feedback and input on architecture/design/support improvements
- Embrace industry best practices like continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, TDD etc
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented
- Understands unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks
- Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements
- Provides advice on system functionality and fixes as required
- Assist with departmental and new employee training
- Act as a partner to both the business and the technology teams
- Identify scope gaps and missing requirements by acquiring an in depth understanding of current state (i.e., legacy system) and future state
- Identify product team dependencies and plan for resolution
- Regularly engage in agile activities including sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Adhere to best practices for epics and user stories
- Assists in developing and maintaining policies, standards, guidelines and documentation to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the enterprise
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- [Required] Experience in Agile and software support, maintenance, configuration and development
- [Required] 3+ years of experience in software development, configuration, testing and/or system analysis or related experience
- [Required] Knowledge in data management and visualization tools (SQL, Tableau, Business Objects, etc.)
- [Preferred] Preferred business experience in clearinghouse activities
- [Required] Flexibility working with remote teams in alternate time zones
- [Required] Self-motivated and self-starting Preferred working with little supervision and picking up new and unfamiliar concepts
- [Required] Experience using Confluence and Jira
- [Required] Experience with process modeling tools such as Visio
- [Required] Knowledge and/or vested interest in event driven applications, streaming and batch analytics technologies
- [Preferred] Knowledge and/or vested interest in cloud technologies; experience working with AWS
- [Preferred] Knowledge and/or vested interest in complex data analytics supported by python and R
- [Required] 3+ years experience supporting Linux, Java and/or Python applications
- [Required] Understanding of Security best practices
- [Preferred] Experience of working with websockets, HTTP 1.1 and HTTP/2
- [Preferred] Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
- [Required] Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand and easily maintainable
- [Preferred] Experience with BDD methodologies & automated acceptance testing
- [Required] Experience with Java, including understanding of Java fundamentals such as Memory Model, Runtime Environment, Concurrency and Multithreading
- [Preferred] Past/Current experience of 3+ years working on a large scale project (platform: Unix/Linux, Type of Systems: event-driven / transaction processing / high performance computing). These experiences should include developing / architecting core libraries or framework used by the platform to support fundamental services like storage, alert notifications, security, etc.
- [Preferred] Experience with cloud technologies and migrations using public cloud vendor preferably using cloud foundational services like AWS’s VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- [Preferred] Experience with distributed message brokers using Kafka
- [Preferred] Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- [Preferred] Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- [Preferred] Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
Education and/or Experience:
- [Required] BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field
- [Preferred] Masters degree in Computer Science
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer