Who We Are:
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer:
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
Lead the vision and strategy for the Visual Design System at OCC, an application shared across all development teams, and heavily used by UX team. Collaborate on and lead brand guideline discussions with Corporate Communications, ensuring OCC Brand implementation on all digital assets. Lead the brand consolidation of all OCC digital assets, including theocc.com, myOCC, OIC, Options Conference and all of Renaissance UI. Mentor and coach junior colleagues across the org to become self sufficient in the design tools, creating re-usable templates from which they can produce on-brand artifacts. Create a governance model to ensure any/all colleagues producing design work are on-brand.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Manage FIGMA application for OCC – driving adoption and ensuring all designers leverage the OCC Design System
• Lead effort to build on existing OCC Design System, incorporating any new modules
• Follow creative work through from concept to delivery.
• Provide expert design advice and recommendations to Product and UX teams.
• Effectively communicate UI designs using site maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups and other deliverables to create an engaging web presence.
• Collaborate with developers to apply design to digital platforms and to ensure cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
• Ensure the successful representation of OCC’s brand across all media channels.
• Create and maintain design style guides.
• Manage project workflow and coordinate with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals and assignments.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures and maintain or update related documentation as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions. • . Exceptional portfolio showcasing solid conceptual, color, composition, typography, imagery skills, as well as Design System examples.
• Effective and creative brainstorming, ideation, and rapid-prototyping/wireframing.
• Ability to work with UX team and lead adoption of Design Principles.
• Ability to articulate design concepts to colleagues and management.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Team-oriented individual who can communicate effectively with teammates and management verbally and in writing.
• Exceptional attention to detail, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
• Mobile and responsive design experience required.
• Expert knowledge design tools such as FIGMA, InVision, Adobe Suite.
• Experience building or maintaining a Design System.
• Advanced knowledge of web design, usability, and information architecture principles.
• Understanding of HTML and CSS.
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, art, creative, or a related field.
• Five to seven years of progressive experience in UX, UI and digital design.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer