Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
Responsible for the overall Virtualization environment design, support, and automation. The role will provide operational support for the existing and future Virtualization and computing and VDI architectures. Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services and enhance security posture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Supports UCS – VMWare environment
• Supports VXRail VDI environment
• Develop baselines, evaluate, and remediate Vulnerabilities and security findings.
• Meet with Business, IT and Security Leaders to develop requirements and communicate changes to the environment
• Challenge the status quo with new ideas and drive innovation in the Virtualization environment
• Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
• Automate processes in the VMWare environment
• Troubleshoots production problems like performance, and runtime issues within the virtualization environment
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application integration and testing tools
• Provide Disaster Recovery testing support
• Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
• Document changes, policies and procedures and drawings
• Contribute to projects of various sizes and schedules.
• Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
• Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
• Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
• Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
• Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
• Advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies like Horizon, vROPS, SDDC Manager, VSAN, SRM, vRA, vRO etc.
• Expertise in architecting, configuring, and supporting Cisco UCS systems
• Experience working in Hyper Converged (VxRail) based technologies and develop solutions accordingly.
• Expertise or establish optimized virtual environments for giant database cluster builds such as DB2 and Microsoft SQL on VMware platform
• Strong technical ability to manage orchestration aspects through API scripts and tools, enabling a consistent methodology across UCS platform
• Develop automation solutions including Infrastructure as Code approach to establish and maintain automated, integrated and continuous deployments
• Ensure Infrastructure operations are effective and optimally established and supported across all layers including server, storage, backup, monitoring, patching services and monitoring
• Knowledge and Experience in Cloud computing, VCF and VMWare in Cloud
• Familiar with using PowerCLI/Powershell to manage a VMware Environment
• Capacity planning/tracking
• Familiar with storage concepts (replication, Fiber Channel, NFS, VMFS)
• Experience with developing Disaster Recovery strategies and work with other teams within the organization and external teams to execute scheduled DR tests.
• Review and recommend alternative technologies and improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals and present to senior management.
• Excellent team player and mentor other team members as required. Help other team members to succeed.
• Create documentation (like run books) for the developed procedures and best practices.
• Lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts during outages or complex issues including but not limited to performance, functionality issues etc.
• Handle tasks/projects independently and complete within given timelines.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 10 years VMWare and Cisco UCS experience
• Minimum 1 year of hyperconverged VXRail experience
• Cloud computing and Converged environment experience is a plus
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer