All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
OCC is seeking a Data Governance Analyst who will have a direct impact on moving our entire organization toward a more data-driven culture. Working with business and technology teams across the organization, this individual will collect and align policies, standards, and procedures to further enable data governance capabilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Develop detailed knowledge of OCC’s data, data flows, and processes
• Drive alignment across stakeholders on risk data models and definitions
• Partner with stakeholders to get buy-in on, develop, and implement OCC’s data management standards, policies, and best practices
• Develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems
• Actively solicit stakeholder feedback on solutions and drive improvements as needed
• Design and develop training programs to educate data producers and consumers on new data management processes across the data lifecycle
• Recommend KRIs and develop reports to monitor adoption of and adherence to data management standards
• Share regular updates with senior-level stakeholders regarding proposed solutions, timelines, progress, and issues
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• At least 5 years industry experience as a business analyst, data analyst, data governance analyst, or in a data quality management role
• Experience with SQL or equivalent database querying language
• Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with multiple teams to drive alignment and results
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills
• Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify, quantify, and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality or non-compliance
• Strong understanding of databases and data structures
• Experience developing best practices, policies, and/or procedures
• Exposure to data management frameworks such as DMBOK or COBIT
• Microsoft Office suite of products
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Mathematics/Analytics or equivalent in a related field
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer