Project: Renaissance Risk
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Assist in the “building” of Agile teams/squads within Renaissance Risk Department.
- Provide support to the Product Owner and Delivery Team. This person should personify Agile.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and resolved.
- Continually improve Scrum Master skills through education and engaging with fellow Scrum Masters.
- Works with Product Owner and Team to plan and execute project implementations.
- Assists in the identification and mitigation of project risks.
- Identifies and acts on coaching opportunities at the individual and team level.
- Conducts regular assessments of a team Agile Maturity and uses the results to guide them to improved performance.
- Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer-term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning, Release Train Planning).
- Work with Product Owner and Delivery Team to facilitate effective sprints by removing impediments and ensuring that stories are 'sprint ready'
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to story grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks using Agile best practices and project data
- Arrange daily stand-ups, facilitate story grooming, coordinate sprint demos, planning and retrospectives.
- Creation of improved IT processes and workflow.
- Creation and improvement of new and existing processes and tools to allow Technology Engineering to deliver better, more predictable, project documentation for the operationalizing of business projects.
- Daily program management throughout the program lifecycle.
- Defining the program governance (controls)
II. SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Understands Agile values and principles and can guide and coach teams, and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience with agile transformations, building Agile teams and implementing Agile “from scratch”.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (diverse team sizes, organizations, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Experience with Scaled Agile (SAFe) / Scrum of Scrums or equivalent.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Demonstrated experience and success with organizational process design and implementation.
- Strong background in ITIL and Agile methodologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Proven experience in project and program management.
- Assist with response to regulatory audits regarding process flows.
- Understands backlog tracking, Scrum and Kanban based metrics, task definition, story splitting.
- Experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong reasoning skills as well as good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to review large amounts of data and analyze and spot trends and provide analysis and insights.
- Experience consolidating data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with Agile PLM tools like JIRA, Portfolio for JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.
- Proven ability to work with toolsets including, but not limited to Jira, MS Project, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and IT systems design.
- Familiarity within a ticketing system such as ServiceNow
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 8+ years equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a minimum of 5 years for a software development team that was applying Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
- Strong JIRA experience. (minimum 5 years)
- Scrum Master Certified preferred.
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- PMP certified preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer