Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What you will do: Manage multiple product teams responsible for all phases of system development including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and ongoing support. Ensure development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements. Provide direction in areas of policy and planning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Manage resources against commitments to ensure high quality solutions are consistently delivered to established expectations.
- Create and adhere to delivery roadmaps partnering with other leaders. Strong execution mindset.
- Work with technology leads to ensure best practices are followed including relevant artifacts and ceremonies
- Manage business stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk aware and regulatory compliance and internal control mindset within the organization.
- Operate effectively as a member of the wider team through partnership, collaboration and influencing across the relevant business and technology functions and partner with leads in other technology domains.
- Manage team of professionals driving their book of work
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews, ensure proper training, and hold regular staff meetings
- Assist with maintaining a motivated and enthusiastic team
- Nurture and empower leaders within the product teams
- Manage budgeting within the department cost center
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- People management skills including leading, coaching and mentoring team members
- Good communication skills required with the ability to explain technical concepts to a broader audience including senior management
- Ability to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively within and outside the team, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve desired objectives
- Strong and effective negotiating skills
- Ability to formulate strategies and establish goals
- Ability to lead and manage diverse groups
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-focused environment
- Requires a working knowledge of GitHub, Docker, Jenkins, Kafka, Change Data Capture (CDC), ExtJS, Jira, and Confluence
- Financial industry experience and understanding of derivatives trading a plus
- Background in financial risk management a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Prior experience in people management including recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, monitoring and appraising job contributions
- Five or more years successful experience in a related position
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer