A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) Integrations team, the intern will primarily support integration automation, design, and testing between OCC’s SaaS/PaaS applications while collaborating with various OCC stakeholders on project work.
- During project work the intern will be responsible for demonstrating an understanding of the end-to-end integration components and work cross-functionally to test that components are stable under test cases / scenarios. Additionally, they will assist with integration error identification, root cause analysis, and the implementation of permanent / sustainable solutions.
- To aid in collaboration, we will leverage Slack and WebEx.
- Collaborate with Technology Engineering team to migrate integration artifacts from The OCC’s middleware servers to cloud-based infrastructure in support of PM0-566 - Future Data Center project.
- Collaborate with The OCC’s Security teams to automate notification and cycle privileged passwords using CyberArk password management vault and ServiceNow (Accounts Lifecycle Management).
- Collaborate with The OCC’s Security teams integrate ETS systems with Splunk to support security analytics, monitoring and anomaly detection and improve The OCC’s security posture.
- Engage with The OCC’s PMO group to build Project metadata integrations to support the Project Costing enhancement efforts at The OCC in Oracle and Concur systems. This will save Accounting team labor hours to reduce their manual maintenance of Project data.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or have experience and passion for working with large data sets and / or automating data transmission
- Experience at working both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- API / ETLTools, SQL, and Oracle ERP / EPM experience, is a plus
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- An understanding of enterprise SaaS integration utilizing cloud infrastructure tools
- Knowledge of OCC's ETS applications that support Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Strategic Sourcing, along with their database schemas, configurations, data, and metadata structures
- Improved ETL and integration development skills
- Strong understanding of Data Governance and Security requirements that underpin enterprise application development
- Communication and presentation skills to cross-functional teams and senior management
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer