Responsible for the development and delivery of business features in the front end applications, integrating with a variety of upstream data-sources and presenting data through the user interface, all while enriching and advancing the platform. This software must achieve a blend of data-rich presentation, performance, user experience, and the capacity to support the busiest trading days in the world economy with rock-solid reliability. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve these objectives. This individual will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in an agile environment
- Manages the delivery of complex projects which may involve multiple systems
- Managing and facilitating technical experts and architects resolve complex technical challenges while also ensuring compliance of various OCC standards around coding, testing, and documenting the systems you develop
- Guide the transformation of complex business requirements into specifications that will increase understanding of Why & What part of business requirements to the development team
- Develop short- and long-term strategy for delivery of Pricing system objectives together with the technical and business product owner(s) b and other partners
Are the essental duties of this job required to be performed in an OCC office location?No
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Excellent oral and written communication skills
- [Required] 8+ years of relevant work experience
- [Required] Curious and adept in developing understanding about technology including industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles to help drive team productivity
- [Required] Basic understanding of performance issues and multi-threaded development
- [Preferred] UI application development experience with some understanding of UX development is nice to have
- [Preferred] Experience working with the following: Unix/Linux environments, event-driven systems, transaction processing systems, distributed and parallel systems, large software system development, security software development, public-cloud platforms
- [Preferred] Work experience in the capital markets industry
- [Preferred] Work experience in market data domain including supporting applications that source data from outside vendors and distribute it internally
- [Preferred] Experience with risk management and market data related systems technologies preferred
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] 7+ years hands-on experience in Java required, including good understanding of Java fundamentals such as Memory Model, Runtime Environment, Concurrency and Multithreading
- [Required] Past/Current experience of 3+ years working on a large scale cloud native project (platform: Unix/Linux, Type of Systems: event-driven / transaction processing / high performance computing) as Technical Lead. These experiences should include developing / architecting core libraries or framework used by the platform to support fundamental services like storage, alert notifications, security, etc.
- [Required] Experience with cloud technologies and migrations using public cloud vendor preferably using cloud foundational services like AWS’s VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- [Required] Experience with distributed message brokers using Kafka
- [Required] Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- [Required] Experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph
- [Required] Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc
- [Required] Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
Education & Training
- [Required] BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field
- [Preferred] Masters degree in Computer Science
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer