Who We Are:
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer:
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What you will do:
Internal Audit is seeking an experienced Principal playing a leading role within the Internal Audit Business & Risk team. The Principal will have a specific role within the department providing leadership across the validation program and supporting the leadership team delivery of the strategic goals of the audit function. This role will include presenting comprehensive validation assessments summarizing key risks, confirming root cause remediation, developing and maintaining effective relationships all while supporting the delivery of the strategic goals of the department. In addition, the Principal may interface with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Federal Reserve Board (FRB), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and external auditors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
The Principal’s responsibilities will be aligned, but not limited, to four pillars:
• Lead and implement strategic initiatives related to new audit programs/processes, technology or other initiatives.
• Planning, executing and concluding for validation assignments.
• Proactively identifying regulatory, operational, and/or strategic risks to the organization and deliver recommendations for improvements to senior leadership.
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with business groups and leadership and partnering with management.
• Aid in the development of the validation program on an annual basis.
• Defining and leading the execution of validation engagements in accordance with the validation program.
• Owning the quality, accuracy of results, and delivery of validations in a timely manner.
• Supporting other department-wide activities such as but not limited to peer reviews of audit deliverables, policy and procedure development and refinement, etc.
• Effectively lead audit staff, providing direction, clearly defined performance expectations, coaching and feedback, and recognition/motivation.
• Providing oversight and coaching to the team, both internal and/or co-sourced resources, confirming the delivery, quality and auditee experience.
• Ability to clearly articulate professional principles and standards (i.e., AICPA, IIA IPPF, COSO, etc.) and the relevancy to risk management and impact on policies and procedures. In addition, leveraging these principles and standards to test and evaluate corporate risk management processes and controls.
• Maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures, standards, and supporting technologies, and educating staff accordingly, to effectively identify potential risks and alternatives to mitigate risk exposure leveraging leading practices.
• Keeping current on best practices and emerging risks within the financial services industry and making recommendations for improvements as necessary.
• Serving as a liaison with external parties and regulators to facilitate timely and efficient external reviews, knowledge transfer, and controls and process education.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• Exceptional customer service and collaboration skills required. Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills required
• Demonstrated success in leading and delivering on commitments and implementing best practices in a complex technology environment.
• Demonstrated success in identifying operational and regulatory risks in complex business environment and implementing controls/processes to mitigate the risks.
• Strong working knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques involved in conducting audits in accordance with the requirements set forth in the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing published by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, evaluate facts, and summarize and present clear and concisely in both oral and written context to senior leadership.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including the ability to handle potentially sensitive situations and discussions.
• Ability to manage a complex validation program and lead the team, prioritizing multiple validations assignments to simultaneously complete each timely with high quality.
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
• Strong proficiency using Archer or other audit or Governance Risk and Compliance software.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• Consulting/accounting firm experience is a plus.
• Experience in Financial Services/Security Industry and working with regulatory organizations such as: SEC, CFTC, FRB, and/or FINRA required.
• Minimum of four years leading audit teams.
Certificates or Licenses:
• Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer