All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
This candidate will be joining the DevOps team and supporting the development efforts of the OCC Clearing Development. The team strives for goals that refine and automate the processes needed to support the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Enable development teams to self-service build and deployment processes through process automation.
- Assist in designing process improvements across the build, deployment, and monitoring of Clearing applications.
- Support the maintenance and configuration of development environments in Kubernetes and AWS.
- Support terraform, ansible, Harness, and Jenkins jobs used to instantiate and manage development environments.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Programming/scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools (examples - GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Compose, K8s)
- Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
- Experience following Git workflows
- Experience with Linux and Linux shell scripting.
- Jenkins job setup and execution analysis – including Splunk log review for Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Ability to manage Kubernetes deployments with helm charts, using continuous deployment tools like Harness.io
- Ability to manage AWS deployments using Terraform, Ansible, or similar Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks.
- Experience with automation, configuration management and orchestration, infrastructure as code.
- Experience with Golang or Python is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in building large scale, data-centric solutions
- 3+ years of experience (recent) participating on a DevOps team or as product owner for DevOps team
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer