What You'll Do
This role will support OCC's Renaissance initiative, a multi-year effort to comprehensively redevelop and modernize OCC’s technology infrastructure, including its risk management, clearing and data systems. Specifically, support a team dedicated to policy and procedure change management resulting from the initiative. Collaborate with First, Second, and Third Lines of Defense, to achieve the delivery of efficent, effective, and resilient process documentation reflective of the new environment.
Also, this role will support a team to enhance the governance, risk, and compliance activities within OCC. Support colleagues to act as a liaison between the first and the Second and Third Lines of Defense and provide advisory services as related to regulatory/ compliance best practices, risk assessments, control frameworks, and process documentation. Support a team to assist in the design and enhancement of the department’s processes and controls.
Demonstrate understanding of OCC’s Framework for Risk Management and work with management to ensure OCC is at the forefront of overall risk management capabilities, systems and processes across all areas including, financial risk management, operations, and technology. This role will support the assessment of current systems and capabilities and support recommendations for Management Committee enhancements needed to be at the leading edge of GRC practices. Awareness of overall industry initiatives and regulatory landscape and rules is necessary to lead OCC in the development of GRC practices that provide OCC with greatest benefit. This role serves as a support team player, both internally and externally to the organization often engaging in various cross-departmental teams, to push OCC initiatives to successful conclusions. Develops as a subject matter expert related to external inquiries of OCC from auditors (independent and regulatory). Support efforts to communicate relevant GRC information to various senior staff, review/assure controls are in place, and ensure coordination with other areas of the organization. Participate on internal Working Groups, interact with the Management Committee, the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors, Chief Risk Officer and regulators as needed. Works under a high demand for independent judgment.
- Learn, develop, and advance GRC knowledge through practical experience and ongoing training, to promote efficiency, effectiveness, and maturity of OCC’s control environment
- Support training of staff on processes, GRC practices, and ad-hoc initiatives that support achievement of goals and objectives
- Support business units’ preparation, execution, and delivery throughout regulatory examinations and other internal or external reviews |
- Support resolution of issues discovered during examinations, internal audits, compliance reviews and self-testing findings |
- Monitor, coordinate, support, and document remediation activities and escalate issues, as necessary
- Support preparation of a summary of remediation activities and closure documentation to leadership and governing committees
- Implement the business units' internal policies, procedures, processes, controls, and risk statements, Identifying and implementing enhancements for increased efficiency in processes, controls, and related documentation
- Promote best practices related to documentation, including control rationalization and frameworks
- Support senior leaders on projects and cross-department collaboration and mentoring of staff
- Support interactions with regulators, exchanges and other external parties
- Implement risk management policies consistent with risk management and GRC best practices
- Drive business results by continuously demonstrating a strong bias for action through ownership and accountability
- Promote all culture, value, and competency initiatives
- Effectively challenge existing processes
- Support departmental and budget planning
Are the essental duties of this job required to be performed in an OCC office location?No
Qualifications & Experience
- [Preferred] Knowledge of applicable industry rules and regulations (SEC, CFTC, OCC Rules)
- [Required] Experience with internal controls, risk assessment strategies, audit techniques, and project management
- [Preferred] Experience with educating stakeholders on GRC practices that enables them to effectively incorporate those elements into their processes and activities
- [Required] Ability to understand, analyze, and design complex processes, including identification and implementation of recommended solutions
- [Preferred] Experience identifying, developing, and implementation solutions for processes that support governance, risk, and compliance activities
- [Required] Ability to understand, at a high level, quantitative models and methodologies and use that knowledge to advise on the associated governance, risk, and compliance activities to achieve positive outcomes
- [Required] Experience performing inherent and residual risk assessments and assessing design and operational effectiveness of applicable controls
- [Required] Must be able to work in a team environment, be responsive to Executive Management
- [Required] Must possess strong oral and written communication and presentation skills with both business and quantitative departments
- [Required] Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work in fast paced collaborative environment
- [Required] Must be able to work under deadlines and manage multiple tasks
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Full competency with use of the MS Office suite, with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- [Preferred] Experience with Governance and Risk & Compliance Software such as Archer
- [Preferred] Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), GRC Certification, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor of Science in Finance, Business or a related discipline
- [Preferred] MBA
- [Required] 3+ years of experience with audit, compliance and enterprise risk approaches within SEC or CFTC regulated businesses
- [Preferred] Experience within Capital Markets, SIFMU, CCP and/ or Financial Services
- [Required] Exceptional customer service and collaboration skills
- [Required] Strong influence, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer