This role will support a team ensuring OCC’s business units demonstrate compliance with regulatory obligations. This role is highly focused on review of the organization’s compliance with applicable regulatory and legal rules and requirements (i.e., SEC CCA, CFTC DCO, Federal Reserve, etc.). Primary responsibilities include assisting the team with maintaining OCC’s legal framework, monitoring changes to internal processes that may impact the organization's regulatory compliance posture, advising business units on regulatory compliance matters, including examinations and audits, advising business units on remediating regulatory and audit findings, and reviewing company policies, procedures, and controls. This role will be responsible for supporting professionals in identifying, recommending, and driving enhancements to the performance, integrity, and compliance of the organization’s processes. This role will support the continued development and implementation of the compliance programs which includes: developing and driving compliance strategies, process (also policy and procedure) and control development, risk identification and mitigation, and supporting regulatory exams. This role is highly focused on supporting reviews of the organization’s compliance with applicable regulatory and legal rules and requirements (i.e.,SEC CCA, CFTC DCO, Federal Reserve, etc.).
- Support a team that will identify and establish processes (including policies and procedures), controls and tools required to provide regulatory advisory services for the business units
- Support a team to provide regulatory advisory services spanning highly technical subject matter areas covering specific areas of the company such as, financial risk management (including credit risk, liquidity risk, model risk, stress testing, default management, etc.), clearing and settlement, enterprise risk management (including operational risk, third party risk management, etc.), corporate finance (including accounting, finance, treasury, etc.) and other general business practices
- Assist business units with the identification, understanding, and development of processes, policies, procedures, and controls that effectively demonstrate compliance with regulatory obligations
- Assist business units with remediation activities for findings resulting from Regulatory Examinations, Internal Audits, or External Audits
- Interact and communicate in a highly effective, professional, and insightful manner with business colleagues within the company and third parties such as external auditors and regulators
- Exhibit and foster a strong compliance culture across all staff members
- Exhibit and foster strong collaboration across OCC’s control functions (i.e., internal audit, enterprise risk management, compliance, model validation)
- Assist in the writing of the annual compliance report, as well as other ad hoc and regularly occurring reports
- Keep abreast of changes in regulatory environment and industry best practices/frameworks (i.e., NIST, COBIT, ISO, etc.)
- Perform reviews of OCC’s legal framework, including updating referenced policies, procedures, and controls that evidence compliance with regulatory obligations |Ability to independently produce and deliver education on regulatory compliance topics
- Assist with remediating regulatory and Internal Audit findings, including collecting data to identify root cause of problems, identifying trends, and formulating solutions
- Assist with collection of documents and other preparation as part of the exam management process
- Perform ad-hoc duties for Compliance management as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Basic working knowledge of securities and commodities rules and regulations. (i.e., SEC, CFTC, etc.)
- [Required] Basic working knowledge of compliance related best practices
- [Required] Some experience in risk and control frameworks, and process improvement frameworks (e.g. COSO)
- [Required] Basic working knowledge of the financial industry
- [Required] Excellent organizational and communication skills
- [Required] Comprehensive analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- [Required] Ability to support policy and procedure management, process and control management, testing, monitoring, risk assessment, and findings management
- [Required] Ability to manage and prioritize assignments and respond to rapidly shifting priorities
- [Required] Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, collaborating with internal business clients at various levels of seniority
- [Required] Must be able to work under deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- [Required] Strategic thinker, with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Proficiency with MS Office software
- [Preferred] Experience using an integrated risk management system (such as RSA Archer), Document Managemenent tools, and reporting tools
- [Preferred] CPA, CFA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CCSP etc.
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, other business and finance-related discipline
- [Required] 1+ years of experience
- [Preferred] Experience working in compliance, audit, or risk for a financial services company
- [Preferred] Familiarity with the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Commodity Exchange Act
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer