Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What you will do:
As a Senior Associate Developer in the Renaissance Initiative, you will be part of a globally distributed team developing the next generation options clearing service. You will be working in pairs at times, but the bulk of your coding will be done individually based on requirements. Therefore, it is important that you have a strong desire to pursue self-directed learning and deeper understanding of the architecture and code. You will be working closely with other developers and analysts in Chicago, Dallas, Stockholm, and Toronto.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Interpret requirements and develop features and tests following secure and resilient coding practices
- Participate in supporting other internal development and testing teams in integrating releases
- Participate in agile ceremonies to maximize team performance and enable high-quality communication with all stakeholders
- Participate in code review for other team members code contributions
- Contribute to the culture of continuous improvement
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- 4+ years java development experience. Knowledge of microservices, event-driven architecture, reactive programming (RxJava), REST, protocol buffers, Kafka, and JSON is a plus
- Experience developing unit and integration tests (JUnit, TestNG, Mocha, Jest, Cucumber,…) and test automation
- Good practices using documentation and project tracking systems (Confluence/Jira)
- Experience in cloud development and deployment (Kubernetes, Docker, …)
- Skilled in source control using Git effectively in distributed teams and multiple contributors
- Ability to perform code review according to project coding guidelines, secure code practices, and resilient code practices.
- Ability to pursue self-directed learning opportunities to enhance your understanding of the technologies used and the clearing system specifically
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated environments
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer