The Staff Accountant handles various accounting tasks for OCC, which will include maintaining and recording business transactions, maintaining general ledger accounts, balancing and reconciling ledgers, preparing reports and other general accounting duties, as assigned.
- Assist in several tasks required for the completion of closing the books on a monthly basis
- Perform account reconciliations for certain asset and liability accounts
- Perform daily review of banking activity and processing of financial transactions in the general ledger, including classifying, computing, posting and recording general ledger data
- Assist in the processing of certain accounts payable transactions on a monthly basis
- Assist in preparation of year-end financial statements and ensure financials are complete, accurate and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Periodic review and maintenance of accounting department policies and procedures
- Serve as a backup to other roles in the Accounting department; specifically, the exchange billing process
- Provide information and assistance for various tax filings, specifically sales and use tax
- Perform other duties/ad hoc projects as assigned
- Detail oriented and well organized
- High energy; hunger to learn and be exposed to all areas of accounting department
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Ability to utilize writing skills to communicate with outside customers in a highly professional manner
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of an accounting department
- Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly, and annual department driven deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize and coordinate competing priorities in fast-paced work environment
- Ability to build strong internal/external customer relationships
- Knowledge of Accounting software, experience in Oracle a plus
- Experience with MS Office with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience in accounting role
- CPA preferred but not required
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer