Technical Documentation Services supports the creation and maintenance of externally published documentation including system help, user guides and interface layouts, as well as facilitating the development of regulatory documentation.
The Technical Writer designs, writes, creates, maintains, and updates technical documentation including online help, user guides, specifications, system manuals, and other documents. This role also facilitates the process of developing regulatory documentation. All documentation activities adhere to internal controls. Detailed knowledge must be gathered by studying project designs, interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs), and studying the audience to learn their needs and technical level. Will work as the primary technical writer as integral part of a business liaison department within the project team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain functional system documentation including help, user guides, training materials, and regulatory documentation
- Create and maintain technical documentation including systems documentation and data transmission layouts (API and FIXML)
- Use RoboHelp to create, update, and publish context-sensitive online help using conditional builds
- Maintain external user guides detailing all current system functionality, as well as changes and enhancements for each new release
- Work collaboratively with client-facing departments to create new user documentation for new products
- Maintain internal document repository
- Create system documentation to support the execution of the production systems
- Create and maintain external technical specification forms and external reference guides for utilizing Financial Industry XML (FIXML)
- Develop materials for external audiences concerning industry-wide initiatives or other efforts that require detailed information from OCC
- Use FrameMaker to develop larger documents
- Complete various projects and initiatives as assigned by management
- Strong technical background and understanding of Internet-related technologies
- Ability to write for an external audience - must be prepared to provide writing samples that demonstrate both procedural and conceptual writing styles
- Ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical customers across multiple levels of management
- Proven ownership of writing projects – from research and editing stages through final distribution to clients
- Proven ability to analyze and logically organize complex technical information
- Ability to absorb and retain working knowledge of multiple OCC department functions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, sound judgement and time management skills
- Organizational skills to manage and prioritize assignments and respond to shifting priorities
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Adobe RoboHelp (Web Help & Oracle Help)
- Adobe Framemaker
- Adobe Acrobat
- Articulate 360
- TechSmith Snagit
- GitHub, Tortoise SVN or other code management system
- Jira and Confluence
- Microsoft Office desktop tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of FIXML highly preferred
- Understanding of content management systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience with online publishing and content management applications
- 2+ years of writing and editing experience with established style guidelines
- 2+ years experience in the software industry
- 1+ years experience in the Options and Futures financial services industry preferred
- Experience with remote working a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about OCC, please click here.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer