Associate Principal, Business Analysis
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
OCC is seeking an individual who would be responsible for discovering, synthesizing, and analyzing information from a variety of internal and external sources, including tools, processes, documentation, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a proven change agent that demonstrates the ability to solve complex problems through logical, digestible solutions that deliver key value to our stakeholders. Additionally, this individual must be comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization as well as inside and outside the organization. Skills that are foundational to the success of this role include, but are not limited to, communication, analytical, problem solving, process modelling, facilitation, elicitation, scope management, leadership and agile mindset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Act as a partner to both the business and the technology teams.
- Identify scope gaps and missing requirements by acquiring an in depth understanding of current state (i.e., legacy system) and future state.
- Identify product team dependencies and plan for resolution.
- Work cross-functionally to analyze and define key stakeholder business needs.
- Perform requirements analysis, story decomposition, system integration analysis, and data flow design.
- Regularly engage in agile activities including sprint planning and backlog grooming. Act as an advisor to the Product owner regarding next steps and approvals.
- Build high quality user stories and acceptance criteria; work with scrum team to refine user stories.
- Provide requirement and design support to scrum team.
- Support development of user interface requirements and design by collaborating with UI/UX tools and teams.
- Support or develop test plans and test cases; participate in test results verification.
- Assist in building cross-team collaboration and define acceptance criteria for integrated components.
- Adhere to analysis best practices for epics and user stories.
- Assists in developing and maintaining policies, standards, guidelines and documentation to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the enterprise.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Experience in Agile and software development.
- 5-8 years of experience in business system analysis or related experience
- Preferred business experience in clearinghouse activities.
- Flexibility working with remote teams in alternate time zones
- Self-motivated and self-starting; working with little supervision and picking up new and unfamiliar concepts.
- Experience using Confluence and Jira.
- Proficient in process modeling tools such as Visio.
- Experience in event driven applications, streaming and batch analytics technologies.
- Experience in cloud technologies; experience working with AWS a plus.
- Experience in different data management and visualization tools (SQL, Figma, Tableau, Business Objects, etc.)
- Experience and/or vested interest in complex data analytics supported by python and R.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/MS is a plus.
Certificates or Licenses:
- CCBA, CBAP, AAC, and/or any related certification is a plus.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 27, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.