Associate Principal, Data Analytics Engineering
The candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based applications and data solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; helping to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
You will be part of the Data team, a diverse group of dedicated engineers who are very passionate about data. As the Data team member, you will be responsible for crafting and building cloud-based applications and data systems that will serve as the backbone for the enterprise data management and analytics capabilities. You will join the core team responsible for the design, development, and implementation. You will work closely with internal and external business and technology partners. We will define system architecture, technology stack and its tactical implementation. You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats, implement continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, automate everything we can get our hands on, and be part of the API-first design principle implementation. You will have a rare and challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge and experience, acquire new skills and grow with us.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Lean, and Agile work environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire and ability to learn other programming languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in the capital markets, preferred
- Experience working with Cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data and distributed stream processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, and Presto.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with stream processing engines such as Apache Storm, Spark, Flink, or Beam
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as Python, Java, and Scala
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data storage formats such as Apache Parquet, Avro, or ORC
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as Terraform, Git, and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies such Rancher, EKS, or GKE
- Experience with table formats such as Iceberg, Delta Lake, or Hudi is a plus
- Good understanding of data integrations patterns, technologies, and tools
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
Certificates or Licenses:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate Level is a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Sep. 14, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.