Associate Principal, Database Administration
What You'll Do:
This role will design and maintain databases and database solutions that operate within prescribed resource limits and meet company standards. Participate in and contribute to all phases of systems development projects. Monitor and tune database and database application performance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Assists with the design, implementation, and maintaining databases
• Provides consultation support in database analysis, modeling, coding, and production problem resolution.
• Maintains metadata repositories
• Provides support in database access methods, device allocations and organization
• Develops maintenance, backup and recovery procedures and documentation
• Manage database performance and disk usage
• Participates in Disaster Recovery drills
• Provides Primary On-Call Support for production problems
• Understands and supports corporate data standards
• Recommends and assists with new DBMS and operational standards.
• Participates in testing and in evaluations of new software and software release upgrades
• Supports business studies, proposal teams and costing/feasibility studies
• Prepares system documentation
• Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• [Required] 7+ years experience developing and maintaining complex applications that make extensive use of a supported database technology or 7+ years experience as an associate DBA
• [Required] Well versed in all phases of Systems Analysis and Design
• [Required] Experienced in two or more programming languages and two or more scripting languages
• [Required] Practiced at Entity/Relationship or Object modeling and translation to physical database designs
• [Required] Proficient in DML, DDL, and database utilities for at least two DBMS technologies
• [Required] Proficient in all access methods of a DBMS as well as the underlying operating system access methods
• [Required] Knowledge of hardware and operating system capabilities within one
• [Required] Understanding of all software subsystems (DBMS, TP Managers, etc.) for one environment
• [Required] Accepts ownership in assignments, team, and company and takes initiative
outside immediate area of responsibility
• [Required] Speed / Sense of Urgency –Contributes additional effort when necessary to get the job done and to help others meet their objectives
• [Required] Seeks additional responsibility, shows initiative to learn every aspect of the job, and strives to become a mentor to others in area of expertise
• [Required] Communicates openly and effectively. Challenges established practices
• [Required] Ability to maintain composure under pressure and avoid defensive or irritated or reactions in challenging situations
• [Required] 3+ years experience with DB2 in a z/OS environment
• [Required] 3+ years experience with DB2 LUW; preferably on RetHat Linux
• [Required] Experience with BMC tools for DB2 (Change/Catalog Manager, MainView, Log Master)
• [Required] Proficient with coding and review of SQL, stored procedures, and triggers
• [Required] 1+ years experience with PostgreSQL
• [Required] 1+ years experience with SQL Server
• [Preferred] Basic Java, REXX, Perl & Linux Shell script skills
Education and/or Experience:
• [Required] Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering,
Mathematics, or Business
• [Preferred] Related financial industry experiences
Certificates or Licenses:
[Preferred] IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 DBA for z/OS and/or for Linux UNIX and Windows
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Nov. 17, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.