Associate Principal, Desktop Engineering
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do:
Responsible for improving the overall end user experience through automation and design. This position will be responsible for developing and improving the end user desktop environment.
The role will provide operational support for the existing and future end user computing architectures. Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services and enhance security posture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Packages application deployments for end user environment using VMware AppVolumes
- Preserves end user profile settings with VMware DEM
- Troubleshoot application installation, performance, and runtime issues within the desktop and mobile environments
- Maintain Operating System base builds to include feature updates, software updates, and/or vulnerability remediation
- Meet with Business, IT and Security Leaders to develop requirements and communicate changes to the environment
- Challenge the status quo with new ideas and drive innovation for the end user experience
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Automate processes in the end user experience space
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software
- Maintain and troubleshoot Office 365 environment
- Process new hire email provisioning requests
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Equitrac printer environment
- Troubleshoots production problems related to desktop and mobile software applications
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Remove barriers and obstacles from end user technology to enable the business
- Provide tactical and strategic input on the overall End User experience
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
- Document changes, policies and procedures and drawings
- Contribute to projects of various sizes and schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
- Excellent typing skills
- Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
- Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
- Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
- Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
- Experience supporting Windows desktop operating system environments
- Experience deploying applications across the enterprise desktops using modern tools
- Experience with a scripting language
- Experience supporting Cisco Video Conferencing and Cisco Webex
- Experience supporting Microsoft Exchange
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with VMware DEM
- Minimum of 3 years of experience packaging software for deployments
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with O365
- Experience with delivering VDI environment leveraging VMware Horizon and instant clone desktops
- Desktop Application Troubleshooting
- Experience operating in a DevOps culture
- Passion to identify, investigate, and drive new technology within the
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a desktop engineering or end user experience role
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: May 03, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.