Associate Principal, Enterprise Monitoring
What You'll Do
Provide subject matter expertise for implementation and ongoing support of enterprise monitoring integration technologies in production and non-production environments.
Work under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. Provide senior level technical expertise to Enterprise Monitoring staff. Manage day to day activities when called upon.
Flexibility to be on call from 5 PM to 7 AM for 3 months per year
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Install, configure and maintain software components classified as enterprise monitoring on multiple operating system platforms.
- Write automation scripts using common automation tools
- Interface with 3rd party applications using API’s.
- Design and develop enterprise monitoring solutions for cloud environments
- Design and develop enterprise monitoring solutions for microservices technologies
- Resolve complex support issues in both production and non-production environments.
- Advise on industry best practices as it relates to new product selection.
- Provide subject matter expertise on enterprise monitoring technologies, to maintain the appropriate phase of their lifecycle.
- Configure production, development and testing environments and ensure availability of these application services.
- Prepare management reports including service metrics.
- Participates in or leads projects of medium to high complexity.
- Use subject matter expertise with products to advise on design and assist with development of applications using these tools.
- Provide performance tuning of components and services.
- Design disaster recovery solutions for enterprise monitoring technologies to comply with business continuity objectives.
- Resolve configuration-related problems.
- Manage day to day activities of the enterprise monitoring staff when called upon to do so.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work with management to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate strong confidence in abilities and knowledge.
- Ability to work well in crisis situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Expert understanding of:
- Systems administration and change management practices
- Enterprise Monitoring and reporting tools
- Experience scripting and coding against API’s.
- In-depth knowledge of commonly used network management and monitoring technologies.
- Experience with cloud native applications
- Experience with technologies used to support microservices
- File transfer protocols including SFTP
- Encryption technologies (SSL/TLS, PKI Infrastructure management)
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of security controls as applied to software technologies.
- AWS Log collection such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, VPC Flow logs.
- Monitoring and reporting using SNMP.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
- Minimum 3 supporting enterprise monitoring technologies
Certificates or Licenses:
- Cloud Certification is a plus
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Sep. 11, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.