Associate Principal, Enterprise Project Management Office
What You'll Do
This role is responsible for driving projects of varying size and complexity from initiation through closure with the support of cross-functional project teams. Responsibilities include supporting and enabling the delivery of solutions for all business areas including Financial Risk Management, Information Technology, Operations, Security, and other Shared Services Partners. This role leads project planning, execution, and closure activities for assigned projects by driving the effort and providing on-going monitoring and reporting of project progress.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Uses both traditional and Agile project/product approaches to execute projects and achieve business outcomes
- Drives the day-to-day aspects of a project to deliver high-quality, on time, on budget outcomes within the project scope
- Follows OCC standard project management guidelines, including OCC project management checklists and templates
- Drives project initiation and planning activities to structure the project, including facilitating the definition of project objectives and scope
- Drives project teams in detailed planning activities, supports project execution activities, and contributes to completion of project closure activities
- Drives the identification and planning of all project work streams, including working with each functional manager to plan resources, identify key milestones, and manage dependencies
- Drives the identification, execution, and updating of project timelines and deliverables
- Works with project team to identify project risks, track and resolve issues, and eliminate project challenges
- Drives monitoring and reporting on the progress of project milestones and deliverables
- Communicates clear, concise, and accurate project status to all appropriate project stakeholders, including providing weekly status reports
- Coordinates and responds to project changes, including escalating project issues and decisions as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Required] Advanced familiarity with project management methodologies
- [Required] Proven ability to manage a project in various stages of the project life cycle from initiation through completion
- [Required] Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly regulated environment
- [Required] Proven ability to facilitate project alignment between business and technical teams
- [Required] Analytical problem-solver
- [Required] Self-directed and detail oriented
- [Required] Highly effective organization and planning skills
- [Required] Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- [Required] Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships
- [Required] Some experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint (or similar PPM tool)
- [Required] Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- [Required] Some experience with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- [Preferred] Advanced knowledge of application development and testing processes
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline required
7-10 years of experience in IT technical/infrastructure project management or program leadership role
Certificates or Licenses:
Project Management Professional (PMP) or Scrum Certification (desired)
Who We Are
OCC, founded in 1973, is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and financial integrity in the marketplaces that it serves by focusing on sound risk management principles. We serve 16 options exchanges, 2 futures exchanges and 1 stock loan alternative trading system. OCC has over 100 clearing members, including several of the largest U.S. broker-dealers.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jan. 10, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.