Associate Principal, Finance
This role contributes to the Finance team with a focus on corporate financial planning and analysis. This individual supports OCC’s purpose of ensuring confidence in the financial markets and the broader economy by supporting the annual budget process, analyzing month-end close variances, and producing monthly forecasts at both a management and business unit level. In addition, this individual plays a crucial role in maintaining the Finance team’s internal policies and procedures, supporting internal and external audits, and testing internal controls.
- Lead finance support for operational projects and facilitate project proposals evaluation, periodic reporting, variance analysis and post implementation benefit analysis
- Assist in the execution of the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasting processes, including partnering with department management to set timelines and incorporate business unit feedback
- Work with and provide finance decision support to business leaders
- Compare and analyze budget against actual and forecasted results
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of the going concern modelof various financial models
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics
- Develop and produce monthly departmental financial performance reports
- Lead the analysis of all procurement requests
- Work closely with department management on the development of senior management reporting (dashboard, KPI’s)
- Assist with month/year end close
- Assist with counterparty monitoring
- Support regulatory reporting obligations
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures applicable to the Finance Department
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as requested
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- [Required] Understanding of discounted cash flow analysis using IRR, NPV and payback
- [Required] Working knowledge of project based accounting systems
- [Required] Demonstrate creativity with the ability to come up with new ideas/processes
- [Required] Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- [Required] Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and delegate duties
- [Preferred] Prior regulatory/SEC work environment experience
- [Required] Solid understanding of basic finance and accounting principles
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Proficient with Microsoft Office
- [Required] Advanced/expert skills in Excel
- [Required] Accounting software applications and report writers (Oracle, PBCS)
- [Preferred] Certified Public Accountant or CMA
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- [Required] 6+ years in an analytical role in corporate finance or management consulting with specific focus on financial planning and analysis
- [Preferred] MBA Preferred
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jun. 01, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.