Associate Principal, Linux Administration
What You'll Do:
Under supervision, perform activities and provide team leadership required to support a large, complex Linux based computing environment and an increasing transition to Linux infrastructure in AWS. Assist in driving “infrastructure as code” mentality throughout the organization and demonstrate a passion for automation concepts and tools. Utilize customer service skills while acting as a technical resource to internal departments and system users.
·Six or more years of experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized servers
·Two or more years of experience in DevOps with Kubernetes
·Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux shells and standard utilities, and common Linux security tools
·In depth system administration knowledge and skills for RedHat Linux. Knowledge of Amazon LINUX is a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers.
· Create and Patch AMIs, perform pull requests, write Automation code using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
· Perform Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation and support.
· Use your infrastructure and networking knowledge to maintain cloud-based infrastructure (predominantly on AWS) involving EC2, S3, RDS & VPC.
· Use configuration management tools (Ansible and Terraform) to build and maintain a hybrid infrastructure hosted both at colocation facilities and in the public cloud.
· Work directly with the development team to build supporting infrastructure for specific new application functionality.
· Run proof of concept projects on early stage infrastructure improvements to validate the feasibility of an approach, evaluate performance, and spike an implementation.
· Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity .
· Forecast system demands and recommends upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations.
· Perform automated computing environment builds, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of operating procedures and processes
· Support VMware environment including changes, adding/removing systems, and disk space management.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions.
· Assist with development and testing of changes needed to maintain DR environment
· Adhere to The OCC Change Management process.
· Comply with all audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
· Attend meetings as a team representative.
· Support on call, weekend and off hours work as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux shells and standard utilities, and common Linux security tools
In depth system administration knowledge and skills for RedHat Linux. Knowledge of Amazon LINUX is a plus.
Experience with using Github or other version control tools for source code management
Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and container tools such as Docker
Ability to write and maintain automation code and scripts and IaaS / Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
Experience with DevOps activities and using CICD pipeline software to deploy code
Working knowledge of cloud components and services in AWS or Azure.
System administration experience and knowledge of VMware and administration of virtual servers
Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart
Yum, rpms, Satellite server
SVM, LVM, Boot from SAN, UFS/ZFS, filesystem configuration
General working knowledge of NAS, SAN, and networking
Experience with Github, Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform tools/applications
Knowledge or experience with DevOps, OpenShift, AWS cloud, or other similar technologies is desirable
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Six or more years of experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized servers
Two or more years of experience in DevOps
Certificates or Licenses:
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Nov. 08, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.