IT Production Operations and Support
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
This role of IT Production Operations and Support (Associate Principal, Production, Server Admin) acts as the first line of support, is charged with ensuring OCC meets its comprehensive data processing requirements by tracking and escalating Incidents in a reliable and timely manner so that quality standards are minimally impacted. In addition, this person has responsibility for the monitoring of Production process and applications and rerun/restart of Jobs within the production environment.
Acts as a backup for the Associate Principle II if/when needed to ensure comprehensive coverage.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Employ first-level Incident identification and resolution techniques to address interruption’s across Mainframe, Linux, UNIX, Windows, and Network platforms.
- Monitor multiple applications and systems using OCC approved software.
- Monitor and respond to applications/systems alerts across all platforms in accordance with Quality Standards and/or Security Policies.
- Report and document any processing anomalies utilizing OCC approved software.
- Maintain processing records and logs
- Escalate Production Incidents to Second-Level support as required per policy to ensure a timely resolution.
- Perform mainframe IPL’s, and other system commands if and when required.
- Support transmissions across SFTP/NDM.
- Support the execution and troubleshooting of UC4 enterprise scheduler jobs.
- Provide support for Production Installs, D/R and Industry tests.
- Maintain all off-site storage records and shipments.
- Rerun/Restart failed backups and perform restores when required.
- 1st Shift Sun-Thurs work week with work scheduled overtime when needed to ensure 24 x 7 coverage.
- Must adhere to all Production Operations policies and procedures
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows, and Mainframe/JCL.
- Working knowledge of UC4, Applied Dynamics, Message Queuing, Main View, Connect Direct, Logic Monitor, and Service Now.
- Experience with mainframe and client/server job scheduling software.
- Knowledge of Network utilities (Ping, Netstat, Traceroute).
- Microsoft products desktop proficiency (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools and best practices.
- Understands urgency of service level agreements and the need for timely responses.
- Ability to work in high intensity environment.
- Need to be detail oriented.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Network trouble-shooting.
- Linux Unix knowledge.
- UC4 Scheduler.
- Mobius via Document Direct.
- zOS/390 JCL, IBM utilities
- Transmission protocols: SFTP/NDM.
- Operating systems: Unix, Windows, zOS/390
- Strong Desktop skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of OS390 JCL and IBM utilities
- 5+ years working in a multi-platform environment
- 5+ years working knowledge of an open systems scheduling product (UC4).
- 5+ years working knowledge of Mobius/Brio.
- DevOps experience desired, but not required.
- College degree in Computer Information Systems desired, but equivalent work experience will be considered
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Sep. 09, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.