Associate Principal, Release Engineering
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
The Release Management Engineer will work closely and collaboratively with Development, QA, Technical and Business teams to lead a sustainable release process. The Release Management Engineer will own the release management life cycle, including but not limited to understanding individual and team specific release requirements, ensuring streamlined releases result in cadenced, organized, and successful outcomes. Where necessary the Release Management Engineer will be responsible for developing automation scripts and/or tools and services to help teams manage releases.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Drive the establishment, documentation, and maintenance of release management processes and procedures
• Manage the end-to-end release process
• Schedule releases and maintain the release calendar
• Work with technical and business teams to prioritize and scope scheduled releases.
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Conduct Release Meetings
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Coordinate the creation and managing of release branches
• Work with development and source code management to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
• Participate in Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to continuously improve the release process
• Work with other technical team members to resolve all release related issues
• Conduct release review/retrospection meetings, gather feedback and ensure improvements are incorporated for future releases.
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
• Serve as an advocate for release management, communicating release management processes and procedures throughout the company and assisting teams with adoption
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Stay current on trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions. • 2+ years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile delivery methods
• Strong collaboration and partnership skills to work with Development, infrastructure, operations and business teams.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Have a flexible mindset with the ability to change as knowledge and conditions change, whether those changes are technical or business driven.
• Willingness to support and execute the current release and deployment model in parallel to developing automation of the processes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and the business
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to mentor and coach others•
• Experience with Microsoft Office desktop tools (Project, Word, Excel),
• Experience with Service Now
• Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience with source control tools such as GIT, Harness, Jenkins, Docker
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Project management experience leading small to large projects and development of project plans.
• Experience in the financial industry a plus.
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Aug. 23, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.