Senior Associate, Server Administration
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
Provide subject matter expertise for implementation and ongoing support of enterprise monitoring integration technologies in production and non-production environments.
Work with key stakeholders to build complex splunk dashboards to support business and technical operations staff. Manage day to day activities when called upon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of SerivceNow Discovery
- Manage the ServiceNow Discovery mid-servers
- Write automation scripts using common automation tools
- Interface with 3rd party applications using API’s.
- Prepare management reports including service metrics.
- Participates in or leads projects of medium to high complexity.
- Manage day to day activities of the when called upon to do so.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Comprehensive understanding and background in ServiceNow Discovery, including Cloud Discovery, and how it should populate the CMDB
- 5 years hands-on experience designing, implementing, and managing ServiceNow Discovery, including ServiceNow Cloud Discovery
- ServiceNow Cloud Discovery experience should include Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Cloud APIs, Cloud Containers, etc.
- Experience developing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining ServiceNow Discovery governance processes, procedures, policies and related documentation
- Strong knowledge of IP Subnets to develop effective ServiceNow Discovery schedules
- Experience designing and implementing MID-Servers for ServiceNow Discovery
- Experience creating / updating ServiceNow Discovery IP ranges and schedules
- Experience must include knowledge of, and the ability to properly interpret and act on, CI IRE rules, discovery logs (e.g.: errors), patterns and probes (e.g.: debugging)
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST
- System administration experience using SHELL/BASH and / or PowerShell
- Familiarity with XML and JSON/script language concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Resourceful, takes the initiative to accomplish goals and objectives
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS) – Discovery
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Strong understanding of:
- Various IT systems
- Cloud technologies
- ServiceNow Discovery
- Solid understanding of systems administration
- Solid understanding of network technologies
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a an IT related field
- Minimum 5 years experience working with ServiceNow
Certificates or Licenses:
- SerivceNow Certified System Administror
- SerivceNow Certified Implementaiton Specialist - Discovery
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 12, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.