Associate Principal, Server Administration
Responsible for the Virtualization environment design, support, and automation. The role will provide operational support for the existing and future Virtualization and computing and VDI architectures. Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services and enhance security posture.
- Provide advanced support to UCS – VMWare environment
- Support VXRail VDI environment
- Develop baselines, evaluate, and remediate Vulnerabilities and security findings
- Meet with Business, IT and Security Leaders to develop requirements and communicate changes to the environment
- Challenge the status quo with new ideas and drive innovation in the Virtualization environment
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Automate processes in the VMWare environment
- Troubleshoot production problems like performance, and runtime issues within the virtualization environment
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Evaluate and recommends application integration and testing tools
- Provide Disaster Recovery testing support
- Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
- Document changes, policies and procedures and drawings
- Contribute to projects of various sizes and schedules
Are the essential duties of this job required to be performed in an OCC office location? No
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
- [Required] Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
- [Required] Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
- [Required] Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
- [Required] Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
- [Required] Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies like Horizon, vROPS, SDDC Manager, VSAN, SRM, vRA, vRO etc.
- [Required] Expertise in architecting, configuring, and supporting Cisco UCS systems
- [Required] Experience working in Hyper Converged (VxRail) based technologies and develop solutions accordingly
- [Required] Expertise or establish optimized virtual environments for giant database cluster builds such as DB2 and Microsoft SQL on VMware platform
- [Required] Strong technical ability to manage orchestration aspects through API scripts and tools, enabling a consistent methodology across UCS platform
- [Required] Develop automation solutions including Infrastructure as Code approach to establish and maintain automated, integrated and continuous deployments
- [Required] Ensure Infrastructure operations are effective and optimally established and supported across all layers including server, storage, backup, monitoring, patching services and monitoring
- [Required] Knowledge and Experience in Cloud computing, VCF and VMWare in Cloud
- [Required] Familiar with using PowerCLI/Powershell to manage a VMware Environment
- [Required] Capacity planning/tracking
- [Required] Familiar with storage concepts (replication, Fiber Channel, NFS, VMFS)
- [Required] Experience with developing Disaster Recovery strategies and work with other teams within the organization and external teams to execute scheduled DR tests
- [Required] Review and recommend alternative technologies and improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals and present to senior management
- [Required] Create documentation (like run books) for the developed procedures and best practices
- [Required] Lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts during outages or complex issues including but not limited to performance, functionality issues etc.
- None Required
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- [Required] 5+ years VMWare and Cisco UCS experience
- [Required] Minimum 1 year of hyperconverged VXRail experience
- [Preferred] Cloud computing and Converged environment experience
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 07, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.