Sr Java Developer
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Java Developer (Associate Principal, Software Engineering) will be responsible for the development and delivery of business features in the front end applications. This will, integrate with a variety of upstream data-sources and presenting data through the user interface, all while enriching and advancing the platform. This software must achieve a blend of data-rich presentation, performance, user experience, to support the busiest trading days in the world economy with rock-solid reliability. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve these objectives. This individual will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in an agile environment.
• 5~ years of primarily Backend Java development
• 2+ years of experience in Spring Framework
• 2+ years of hands-on HTML5/CSS3 experience
• 2+ years working in Cloud environment.
• Experience of working with websockets, HTTP 1.1 and HTTP/2
• Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
• Experience following Git workflows
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
• Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Contribute to front-end design, Back-end design, technical direction and documentation including collaborating with various teams to build fit for purpose solutions
• Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
• Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality
• Must be a willing self-starter, independent and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
• A team player who assists the team as required to achieve collective goals & delivery milestones including knowledge-share
• Embraces and advocates for Agile best practices for software development discipline (be true to Agile Manifesto)
• Actively participates in creation and review of both business and technical user stories, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements
• Integrating disparate data from REST and WebSocket services within a cohesive user interface.
• Participating in innovative design and proof of concepts with emerging technologies and solutions
• Embrace industry best practices like continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, TDD etc.
• Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
• Writes unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
• Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
• Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
• Assist with departmental and new employee training
Education and/or Experience:
BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field required. Masters preferred.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Additional Job Description
- Primary LocationChicago - 125 S Franklin
- Additional Job Posting Locations
- Dallas, TX
- Scheduled Weekly Hours40
- Work Shift
Link to Evergreen Requisition
- Evergreen Requisition
- Compensation GradeAssociate Principal A, Software Engineering
- Internal Career Site - PrimaryInternal Job Applicant Questionnaire v2
- Internal Career Site - Secondary
- External Career Sites - PrimaryExternal Job Applicant Questionnaire v2
- External Career Sites - Secondary
- Inline Assessment Test
- Default Assessment Tests
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Aug. 12, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.