Associate Principal, Software Engineering
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do:
You will be part of the Integration team, comprising of Diverse group of automation, Devops, Functional engineers responsible for integrating and validating large cloud-based data systems that will serve as the backbone for promoting any releases into the production instances.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• You will join the core team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of solutions for data requirements. You will work closely with business and technology partners, for a seamless flow of data and thereby checking the integrity of various renaissance applications.
• You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats, implement continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines and be part of the API-first design principle implementation.
• You will participate in sprint planning, understands prioritizes from product owner, proactively takes on and completes tasks either independently or collaboratively.
• You will support the functional engineers for any data needs during regression, integration, and systems testing on newly designed or modified applications/systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: • None
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions. • 3+ years of technical experience building data-centric solutions
• 3+ years of software development experience using Python, Java or other programming language.
• 3+ years of experience working with relational (Postgres, SQL Server, DB2) technologies
• Thorough working knowledge of SQL
• Familiarity with DevOps tools and technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline.
• Experience working with Cloud ecosystems such as AWS
Education and/or Experience:
• Experience in and working knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling techniques and design principles
• 3+ years of experience working as a member of an Agile development team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
Certificates or Licenses:
• AWS Certification is a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Nov. 16, 2021
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.