Associate Principal, Software Engineering (AWS DevOps Architect)
Provide subject matter expertise for ongoing support of applications deployed to OCC’s non production AWS environments and supporting 3rd party applications. Identify root causes and automate solutions in support of development. Work under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. Manage day to day activities when called upon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance to other team members for the design, implementation, and support of infrastructure and cloud architecture and automation technologies.
- Act as a subject matter expert of the organization for cloud, automation, and end-to-end architecture for cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on the latest trends and technology and demonstrate forward thinking around how technology can support the organizational direction.
- Design, configure, implement, and support a fully automated workflow for provisioning and maintaining a complex, highly available cloud environment using infrastructure as code.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka, and container management systems.
- Participate in cloud computing environment buildouts, software installation, maintenance, and support.
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members.
- Create procedural and troubleshooting documentation related to cloud native applications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good technical leadership skills
- Deep technical knowledge and experience working with complex IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security and operations.
- Hands on experience with agile, devops and CI/CD.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and work with management to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrate strong confidence in abilities and knowledge.
- Ability to work well in crisis situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Expert understanding of:
- Scripting and coding
- Network technologies
- CI/CD tools such as Artifactory, Jenkins, and GIT
- Cloud native applications, including Terraform experience
- Technologies used to support microservices
- Experience with cloud-based systems such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, including expertise in infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Strong programming skills in Java or Python, and experience with containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka MRC
- Understanding of software development methodologies and Agile practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
Education & Training
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 5-7+ years of related experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
- Minimum 3+supporting enterprise monitoring technologies
- [Preferred] Cloud certification a plus
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Nov. 20, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.