Associate Principal, Software Engineering: CI/CD DevOps
Who We Are:
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer:
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do:
Infrastructure administrator on CI/CD tools on-prem. Additional cross-training on other on-prem 3rd party middleware application administration.
Work under general supervision; typically reports to a project leader or manager. Provide senior level technical expertise to Middleware staff. Manage day to day activities when called upon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Install/upgrade/admin on-prem CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, Harness, Artifactory, etc.)
• Install, configure and maintain 3rd party software components classified as middleware on multiple operating system platforms.
• Use subject matter expertise with products to advise on design and assist with development of applications using these tools.
• Configure production, development and testing environments and ensure the availability of these application services
• Write complex automation scripts using common automation tools, such as Jenkins and Ansible
• Provide performance tuning of components and services
• Design disaster recovery solutions for middleware technologies to comply with business continuity objectives
• Resolve configuration related problems
• Resolve complex support issues in both production and non-production environments.
• Assist production support and development staff in debugging middleware application defects.
• Create procedural and troubleshooting documentation related to middleware products
• Participate in or lead moderately or high complex projects.
• Properly secure middleware technologies
• Advise on industry best practices as it relates to new product selection.
• Manage day to day activities of the middleware staff when called upon to do so.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to multi-task and work with management to prioritize tasks.
• Demonstrate strong confidence in abilities and knowledge.
• Ability to work well in crisis situations.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Flexibility to be on call from 5 PM to 7 AM for 3 months per year.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Expert understanding of:
o CI/CD tools
o Systems administration and change management practices
o J2EE application services
o Message-oriented middleware
o Internet / Web based technologies
o ITLT Best Practices
o Scripting and coding
o Network technologies
o Cloud native applications
o Technologies used to support microservices
o File transfer protocols including SFTP
o Encryption technologies (SSL/TLS, PKI Infrastructure management)
o Security controls as applied to software technologies.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a related area
• 7-10 years of related experience with
o Minimum 7 years experience working in a distributed multi-platform environment.
o Minimum 3 supporting middleware technologies
Certificates or Licenses:
• Cloud certification a plus
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 28, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.