Associate Principal, Software Engineering DevOps
What You’ll Do
This candidate will be part of a DevOps team to develop tools that accelerate development, testing, and deployment of applications, as well as establishing standards and best practices for the development community.
Great opportunity for a solid Python developer with DevOps experience or looking to move into a DevOps Role
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop tools to make it easier for teams to deploy their applications to environments outside of development
- Develop programs to automate security checks and controls into the build and deployment pipelines
- Develop Analysis Tools for debugging and supporting applications in test and production environments
- Work with development, platform automation and security teams to build automation, establish standards and best practices that need to be solved enterprise wide.
- Peer program with development teams to show them what good looks for their CI/CD pipelines and help teach them how to implement standard and best practices
- Performs thorough code-reviews based on high engineering standards
- Writes unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years programming experience
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
- Experience of working both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, change oriented, and demanding IT environment with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn, and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds.
- 5 + years programming experience developing in Python and/or Java (with at least one year Python)
- Experience writing unit and integration test with testing frameworks like pytest and unittest
- 3+ years hands on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, tools, and technologies such as GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Compose, K8s, Harness
- Working knowledge of Terraform (Enterprise preferred)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes & Helm
- Working knowledge of Containers
- Experience working with Cloud ecosystems (AWS preferred)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Certifications or Licenses
- Relevant industry certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar are a plus.
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jan. 17, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.