Associate Principal, Software Engineering - ServiceNow Development
The Software Engineer will be a leading contributor on the Enabling Digital Solutions (EDS) team to plan, execute, and operate the Enterprise technology platforms we maintain. The EDS team is looking for someone who can pitch in through all phases of the Technology Delivery process. He/She will coach others through education of platform development best practice. The Software Engineer must have a background in development, system administration and can help others to contribute to platform improvements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Provide technical leadership for planning, designing, installing, testing and implementing solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the ServiceNow Platform for ITSM/ITOM/ITAM/SecOps/IRM.
- Ensure best practice adherence for core system development, security, tuning and performance.
- Creates knowledge content activities to enterprise objectives.
- Facilitates knowledge transfer sessions for administration and self-service. Develop a train the trainer model for support and administration.
- Overall ownership of solution implementation and working with the team to ensure quality solutions that provide delightful experiences.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- [Required] 5+ years of working experience in IT
- [Required] 5+ years of experience in implementing ServiceNow or similar platforms for ITSM, SecOps and/or GRC/IRM modules
- [Required] Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- [Required] Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand and easily maintainable
- Strong understanding of CMDB and aligning to CSDM 4.0
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile/Scrum, and DevSecOps methodologies
- Problem-solving skills and solution-oriented attitude.
- Using analysis and critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the user and then create software to meet the requirements.
- Providing clear instructions to the project team, clearly explaining how the software works to the customer and being available to answer any questions that may arise using exceptional communication skills.
- Working well with others on the team using effective interpersonal skills.
- Being able to efficiently identify and resolve issues that arise during the design, testing and maintenance processes using problem-solving skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field, 8 years of additional related work experience may be substituted for degree.
- 5-7 years of experience of development and/or system administration.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining cloud platform technologies.
Certificates or Licenses:
- ServiceNow or other low-code/COTS implementation certifications are desired.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jul. 26, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.