Associate Principal, Software Engineering: Streaming Development
What You'll Do:
You will serve as a major contributor in Architecture design and development of scalable resilient hybrid Cloud-based solutions supporting critical financial risk management activities; mentor and collaborate with developers, architects and product owners to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions.
- Actively participates and lead requirement analysis and reviews to identify missing or incomplete requirements
- Must always look for assumptions made in the models and must always validate those assumptions of the models
- Actively participates in design of highly performing, scalable, secure, reliable and cost optimized solutions
- Primarily responsibility is application design and development of streaming application for business requirements in agreed architecture framework and Agile environment
- Thoroughly analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented
- Performs thorough code-reviews based on high engineering standards
- Writes unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks
- Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements
- Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management
- Assist with departmental and new employee training
- Experience integrating modelling libraries required. Risk analytics technology implementations experience a plus
- A major influencer & strategic thinker, this person should also mentor developers and collaborate across multiple cross functional team to achieve the desired outcome.
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks like FLINK, Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, etc
- [Required] Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis
- [Preferred] Kafka
- [Required] Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc
- [Required] Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc
- [Required] Experience writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks like Junit, Citrus
- [Required] Experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph
- [Required] Experience following Git workflows
- [Required] Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc
- [Required] Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] 7+ year of experience in building high speed, data-centric solutions
- [Required] Java 7+ years of experience
- [Preferred] OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Certification is a plus
- [Preferred] AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level
Education & Training
- [Required] BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field required
- [Preferred] Masters in Computer Science
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Oct. 31, 2023
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.