Associate Principal, Strategic Sourcing
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
Support the execution of strategic sourcing & business strategies in a collaborative team-based environment to achieve company goals. Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to drive sourcing transactions with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions while maintaining/improving product quality and enhancing supplier service levels. This includes RFx development, facilitation, scorecard, analysis, vendor selection, negotiations and issue resolution.
- Identify and evaluate sourcing opportunities in alignment with strategic, operating and financial OCC objectives. Lead the negotiation and purchase of goods and services with a focus on the technology category. Partner with internal business clients to ensure that purchased goods and services meet their needs. Proactively seek ways to drive down total cost of ownership through competition and vendor relationships. Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Negotiate agreements that deliver value to our stakeholders ensuring service, quality and added value maximizing the supplier’s capabilities
- Drive ideas that will optimize year-over-year total cost of ownership
- Lead the development and management of RFx’s
- Maintain awareness of best practices in the marketplace and implement appropriate changes
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively across organization levels, functions and lines of business to realize procurement goals and objectives
- Negotiate contractual agreements with consistent commercial terms satisfying regulatory requirements per OCC policy
Are the essential duties of this job required to be performed in an OCC office location? No
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Strong ability to build relationships at all levels
- [Required] Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- [Required] Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- [Required] Process driven with strong analytical acumen
- [Required] Strong negotiation expertise with an understanding of key contracting concepts and legal terms
- [Required] Ability to translate business requirements into agreements
- [Required] Ability to lead cross-functional teams and reach consensus
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Proficient with Microsoft Office
- [Required] ERP system experience
- [Preferred] CPM or CPSM
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor’s Degree required; Supply Chain Management preferred
- [Required] 5-7 years of progressive experience in procurement, specifically in the technology space including contracting, sourcing and negotiations
- [Required] Successful track record in a large procurement organization
- [Required] Technology procurement experience (minimum 3 years)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jun. 15, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.