Associate Principal, Technology Operations
What You'll Do
The Associate Principal of Technology Operations is responsible for reviewing processes and procedures throughout the Production environment and driving improvements throughout. This role will reside in Technology Operations and will work closely with a broad cross-section of the organization including the following teams: Production Control, Production Support, Release Management, Platform Services, Storage, Unix, Networking, Business Operations, Change/Problem/Incident Management. The primary focus of this role is to ensure that Production runs as efficiently as possible by being an evangelist for Continues Improvement (CI), and being a technical liaison to teams to ensure that operational readiness best practices are being adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on shifting the overall operational posture from re-active to pro-active
- Analyze and report upon Production performance CI opportunities
- Analyze and report upon Production capacity CI opportunities
- Analyze and report upon Production critical-path processing CI opportunities
- Stand-up SWAT’s if when needed to drive resolution of ongoing Production issues
- Identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting Production performance
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, take appropriate corrective actions and/or interact with IT-staff/vendors in performing complex testing, support, and troubleshooting functions
- Move between tactical & strategic (ie. Forecast system demands and recommend upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations if/when needed)
- Consult & evangelize for operational best practices
- Collaborate across domains (ie. network, db etc) to assist with application tuning
- Adhere to any/all Production security requirements and best practices
- Adhere to, and advocate for, all ITIL processes (ie. Incident, Problem, & Change)
- Actively participate in Incident, Problem & Change as a ‘shepherd’ for all things Production
- Analyze repeating alerts to pro-actively identify environmental issues
- Surface any/all environmental & operational risks identified
- Evangelize for repeatable automated processes that can be scaled
- Prioritizes and align efforts to Production availability requirements and business priorities
- After hours, weekend work may be required during off hours maintenance windows.
- [Required] Good consultative, communication, analytical, and judgment skills
- [Required] Good time management skills
- [Required] Ability to work effectively with clients, other systems technical staff, consultants and vendors
- [Required] Suggests solutions that make sense and are in line with future technology direction
- [Required] Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information
- [Required] Optimizes the use of all available resources, and approach issues with pragmatism
- [Required] Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results.
- [Required] Working knowledge of ITIL principles
- [Required] Understands technical monitoring and metrics
- [Required] Sophisticated understanding of enterprising technology
- [Required] Mature understanding of the relationship between software and hardware
- [Required] Knowledge of Clearing and Finance industry
- [Required] Knowledge of Application life cycle and deployment
- [Required] Problem/Incident management experience
Education and/or Experience:
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related discipline
- [Required] 5+ years’ experience production systems operations or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- [Required] The qualified candidate demonstrates a strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities
Certificates or Licenses:
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 2 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jan. 24, 2024
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.