Associate Principal, Threat Intelligence
The Associate Principal, Threat Intelligence will help in the analysis and remediation of security threats to the enterprise, vulnerabilities in the environment, and how to improve defense itself against identified threats. This position will require initiative to remediate identified security threats, incidents, and compliance issues when tasked. The role will be involved in the documenting, execution, and testing of regulatory compliance to all required security regulations.
Perform duties across several Cyber disciplines, activities may include
- Intelligence Analysis
- Identify enhancements of current threat and situational intelligence sources leveraging proprietary enterprise data, as well as a variety of external sources and open source data
- Actively monitor and research cyber threats with a direct or indirect impact to the OCC brand, business operations, or technology infrastructure
- Develop and support briefings to Security management on security threats
- Create and conduct presentations on current threats and related IT Security topics
- Develop and report threat hunting hypotheses based on applicable security threats to the organization
- Execute threat hunting operations based on hypotheses reports across varied environments
- Report observations found during threat hunting in detail to support development of organization’s security posture
Support Event Analysis and Handling:
- Perform security incident response activities including investigation, coordination, review, and reporting
- Execute technical analysis of security events while coordinating incident response activities with internal and external teams
- Ensure collection and preservation of data associated with cyber security incident response activities follow industry best practices and established procedures
- Develop and support briefings to OCC senior management as a trusted incident responder
- Oversee process of monthly reporting to Security management on Threat, Vulnerability, and Incident management metrics
Qualifications & Experience:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- [Required] Proven team player will be working primarily with other staff members, on both long-term projects and rapid response under tight deadlines
- [Required] Technical understanding of adversarial activities to support threat hunting and purple team operations
- [Required] Incident response experience, taking initiative; providing and following through on solutions across various skillsets
- [Required] Knowledge of Security related service and process assessments and evaluations based on NIST, COBIT, ISO and/or ITIL standards. Control frameworks based on security regulations. E.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework
- [Required] Effective oral and written communication, analytical, judgment and collaboration skills
- [Required] Ability to effectively communicate in both formal and informal review settings with all levels of management
- [Required] Experience in developing and providing threat and situational intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources
- [Required] Ability to work with local and remote IT staff/management, vendors and consultants
- [Required] Ability to work independently and possess strong organization skills.
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Proficiency in Intelligence analysis ,Adversary TTP analysis in network and host-based attacks , Vulnerability assessment tools (Qualys, Nessus, nmap, etc , Incident Response activities, Log analysis technologies (SIEM, network sniffers, etc.), Other Security preventative and detective technologies (EDR, network-based analysis, etc.), Standard technical writing tools including MS Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Familiarity with: Directory services, LDAP, and their inherent security (Active Directory, CA Directory), Proxy and caching services, Client/server platforms including Sun Solaris, Windows, Linux, Operating system hardening procedures (Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.), LAN/WAN routing and high availability (OSPF, BGP4/iBGP, EIGRP and NSRP), Web Application Firewalls, Cloud based security tools and techniques (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.), Security Orchestration and Automated Response tools and concepts, Encryption technologies (PGP, PKI and X.509)
- Some experience: Scripting and development activities to appropriately leverage Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) to optimize integrations between disparate security monitoring and analysis devices
- [Preferred] Strongly prefer at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, GCTI, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, CHFI, CCE, CFE
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field
- [Required] 7+ years of information security experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- [Required] Minimum one year hands-on security operations experience including interdisciplinary experience with four or more of the following: Cyber Threat Analysis, Digital Computer Forensics, Incident Response, Application Security, Operating Systems Security, Cryptographic Controls, Networking, Programming languages, Incident Response
- [Required] Familiarity with computer network exploitation and network attack methodologies while maintaining an understanding of the relationship these activities have with the financial services industry and critical infrastructure.
- [Required] Industry knowledge of leading-edge security technologies and methods
- [Required] Shift work and working in an on-call response capacity is required including availability for 24 x 7 on-call support responsibilities
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Aug. 04, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.