Associate Principal, Voice and Video Engineering
Who We Are
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You'll Do
Responsible for the design, support, and automation of a secure enterprise voice and collaboration environment. The role will provide
operational support for the existing and future state of OCC’s VoIP and conferencing systems.
Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services and enhance
security posture throughout various systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Support CUCM, ESXi, Cisco Call Manager 12.5, Unity, Presence, UCCX, CER, Expressways, Mesh nodes and Webex cloud registered room devices.
• Ensure IT/Security Governance needs are met. (NIST-CSF and COBIT)
• Ensure network performance and network security standards are met
• Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects
• Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
• Document network changes, policies and procedures and drawings
• Provide cross-training and mentoring to fellow team members and the organization
• Design/architect new cloud network solutions
• Design, architect and plan network changes and new infrastructure
• Work with vendors, common carriers and network engineering in identification and resolution of complex network problems
• Drive large projects and schedules
• Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
• Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
• Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
• Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
• Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
• Advanced WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet Skills
• Knowledge of Finesse, RTMT, CUIC
• Experience supporting Cisco Meraki Wireless environment
• Experience with Cisco Collaboration
• Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting Cisco Call Manager 12.5, Unity, Presence, UCCX, CER.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting Cisco Expressways, Cisco Mesh Nodes, Cisco Webex including cloud deployment. Cisco meeting room devices MX800, DX80, SX80, and all room kit series video devices
• Experience utilizing common network troubleshooting tools such as Netmon, Wireshark, Fiddler, and Splunk in a complex enterprise environment
• Knowledge of AppSpace, Akkadian, Variphy, ServiceNow a plus
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3+ Years’ of experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of an enterprise environment.
Certificates or Licenses:
• Preferred Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCDP) equivalent field experience
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Aug. 29, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.