EPMO Project Roles
This role is responsible for driving projects of varying size and complexity from initiation through closure with the support of cross-functional project teams. Responsibilities include supporting and enabling the delivery of solutions for all business areas including Financial Risk Management, Information Technology, Operations, Security, and other Shared Services Partners. This role leads project planning, execution, and closure activities for assigned projects by driving the effort and providing on-going monitoring and reporting of project progress.
- Uses both traditional and Agile project/product approaches to execute projects and achieve business outcomes
- Drives the day-to-day aspects of a project to deliver high-quality, on time, on budget outcomes within the project scope
- Follows OCC standard project management guidelines, including OCC project management checklists and templates
- Drives project initiation and planning activities to structure the project, including facilitating the definition of project objectives and scope
- Drives project teams in detailed planning activities, supports project execution activities, and contributes to completion of project closure activities
- Drives the identification and planning of all project work streams, including working with each functional manager to plan resources, identify key milestones, and manage dependencies
- Drives the identification, execution, and updating of project timelines and deliverables
- Works with project team to identify project risks, track and resolve issues, and eliminate project challenges
- Drives monitoring and reporting on the progress of project milestones and deliverables
- Communicates clear, concise, and accurate project status to all appropriate project stakeholders, including providing weekly status reports
- Coordinates and responds to project changes, including escalating project issues and decisions as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- [Required] Advanced familiarity with project management methodologies
- [Required] Proven ability to manage a project in various stages of the project life cycle from initiation through completion
- [Required] Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly regulated environment
- [Required] Proven ability to facilitate project alignment between business and technical teams
- [Required] Analytical problem-solver
- [Required] Self-directed and detail oriented
- [Required] Highly effective organization and planning skills
- [Required] Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- [Required] Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships
Technical Skills & Background
- [Required] Some experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project and SharePoint (or similar PPM tool)
- [Required] Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- [Required] Some experience with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- [Preferred] Advanced knowledge of application development and testing processes
- [Preferred] Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Education & Training
- [Required] Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline required
- [Required] 5+ years of experience in project management or project leadership role
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: Jun. 24, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.