Executive Director, Production Engineering
All OCC employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status to OCC’s Human Resources department, and provide acceptable proof of vaccination status, as applicable. In addition, OCC requires employees who enter one of its offices to attest to vaccination status, including being potentially being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation.
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. Founded in 1973, OCC is dedicated to promoting stability and market integrity by delivering clearing and settlement services for options, futures and securities lending transactions. As a Systemically Important Financial Market Utility (SIFMU), OCC operates under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. OCC has more than 100 clearing members and provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 19 exchanges and trading platforms. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.
What We Offer
A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
Generous PTO and Parental leave
Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
What You’ll Do
The Head of Production Engineering is a critical role in our overall transformation and the attainment of the firm’s contemporary software delivery practices. The ideal candidate is a thought leader accountable for the defining, implementing, and maturing OCC’s software delivery and support capabilities. These capabilities are critical enablers of the firm’s Renaissance transformation initiative along with its long-term delivery and operational support model.
Functionally, this role requires technical expertise including modern constructs like: API’s, Container and Microservices. Software delivery accountabilities require hands on leadership implementing cloud-based, test-driven development infrastructure including the requisite data, environments, coding practices, and automated CI/CD pipelines. This role will define the processes and quality standards that ensure in execution across multiple delivery teams. Success in this role will result when teams adopt the defined practices in conjunction with an iterative deployment framework that is auditable and aligned with key industry frameworks of COBIT and NIST.
The candidate should have a proven track-record leading multiple dimensions of change and working closely with stakeholders and peers to transform teams and the abilities of its people, critical processes, and the requisite technologies. The candidate should also be adept with multi-site situational leadership that includes 3rd party providers.
The Head of Production Engineering will work with management to ensure IT solutions: align with business objectives; are cost effective; optimizes automation and solution capabilities. This role will be instrumental in driving the organization’s transition to the cloud and adoption of emerging technology.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Software Delivery: Strengthen and mature OCC’s solution delivery and support practices in close partnership with our development and product delivery teams.
- Establish key delivery practices and implement automated solutions that offer traceability from requirements, design, construction, testing to implementation.
- Define delivery practices that increase on-time delivery with tangible measures of quality that ensure OCC’s resiliency, uptime, availability, and security.
- API Strategy: Establish a team that focuses on the creation of API’s that serve our internal and external userbase. This includes our formalizing our API strategy, executing the vision and establishing the ongoing support model for process and related tools.
- Open-Source Lifecycle Management: Design and build a process for management of open-source libraries to enhance the security profile within our development practices; drive adoption of vulnerability solutions and practices for open-source library.
- Pre-Production Environments Management: Define support models for lower environments, inclusive of infrastructure, tools, applications, middleware. Standardize the usage of logging and monitoring tools and customize based on technology needs. Build automation in notification, alerting, and incident management.
Candidate will manage 10-20 resources across several functional teams
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record and proficiency in the following competencies and organizational objectives:
- Prior experience leading commercial or enterprise software delivery organizations.
- Successful delivery against the enterprise and technology objectives leveraging automation of the across the solution delivery practices and the adoption of the sought-after capabilities at OCC.
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that balances outcome focused delivery and risk-based and regulatory compliant mindset within the organization.
- Ability to navigate and analyze complex or ambiguous issues that may not have definitive answers; confidently provide effective guidance to relevant stakeholders.
- Strong decision-making capabilities with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential options and articulate the justification for the proposed recommendation
- Ability to communicate complex issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Strong proficiency and hands-on experience with:
- Implementing Test Driven Solution Delivery practices
- Creating scalable solution delivery practices using Agile and Dev/Ops
- Effective influence driving change across direct and indirect areas of accountability
- Delivery of Enterprise class cloud-based technologies and solutions
- Integration and automation of business processes and third-party platforms
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in information technology leadership function within the financial industry and/ or at a highly complex regulated technology organization.
- Depth and breadth of experience leading in a highly dynamic technology and business landscape.
- Proven ability to establish and execute technology strategy to deliver business outcomes; ability to conceive and implement enterprise-wide strategies and manage the associated governance processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree (MBA, MS or similar) preferred.
Certificates or Licenses:
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Chicago - 125 S Franklin
- Full Time Regular
- Posted: May 16, 2022
How to Apply
Step 1 - When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
Step 2 - You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
Step 3 - If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Numerous studies have shown that people from groups that are traditionally under-represented in financial services apply to jobs only if they believe they meet 100% of the requirements. We want to break down this mindset to further diversify our workforce.
We encourage you to review our open positions and apply if you think your experience may be a match, even if you do not meet all of the qualifications. Your perspective may be an element we need to continue building innovative solutions to support the markets and market participants we serve.
OCC is a globally recognized entity that clears a multitude of diverse and sophisticated products. We want to reflect this in the diversity of our workforce.